Author Topic: CMYK print - special inks needed?  (Read 4582 times)

Offline OhNoPrinting

• Verified/Junior
  • I’m new here, be gentle. :) Lets help each other out!
Re: CMYK print - special inks needed?
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2023, 10:16:26 AM »
Thanks. The feedback really means a lot :-)

I think I was pretty lucky with the design, its very forgiving and the finest details didn´t matter for the overall look.

Here a comparison of the detail or the lack of (lower corner):

I printed the transparent in 600dpi because 1200dpi looked impossible small for my old Epson inkjet. But I want to get deeper into lpi/dpi/halftones. (especially because I don´t have to clean/reclaim the computer after I finished :-)

For the next steps on my learning experience i choose to try printing on Polyester or Nylon (like running shirts), I need/want to build a water filtration for the reclaiming and better match the screen color to the print color. (plus so much more :-)

Did last week a bit of Discharge (was a mixed bag because most likely i didnt steer the ink+activator enough)

@tonypep
when you use an extra spot color with cmyk process, you mean a regular plastisol ink? Or are there more process colors then CMYK?

@blue moon
Right now the weather is freezing in Hamburg, but of course you can always come by. (I just remind you, my "shop" is actually my cellar ;-)

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: CMYK print - special inks needed?
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2023, 06:20:56 PM »
I'm so sorry.............but my OCD forced me to reply.

Is there a reason, perhaps language differences.....that the "N" in Death Chant is Backwards?  By Design?

The CMYK results for a first time looks great.  I could only hope my first try came out that good.
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers