Author Topic: Looking for feedback and some beta testing on MidJourney/AI art designer.  (Read 3259 times)

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Just getting started so no idea if anything will come of it, be we are trying to put together a super simple but powerful graphics designer. Something that could be used in house or offered to customers. It will be for profit business so there would be a fee after beta testing. Would love some feedback on how useful this would be, some ideas for options and what kind of monthly subscription would make sense.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated. Let me know here if you'd like to test it if we can make it work.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
prompt for this was school rock band. It took about 5-10min to get to this design.
Ultimately, anybody here could learn to use the MJ without paying us, so let me know if I can help. This would probably be a very good tool to pass on to customers so they can design their own instead of wasting your time. It can be a paid option on the web site or something that can be monetized...
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline rusty

I am interested and would like to test this out. I just signed up for the beta on discord.

I do have concerns about this and using artist artwork (similar artwork) without permission but looking forward to playing around with it this weekend

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
is the only file option a PNG? I'm fine with that -just curious.
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
I have played around with MJ a bit. I am curious is there a way yet to add text as in your image or is it something you will always have to add additionally after an image is created?
"No man is an island"

Offline zanegun08

If you could automate this to work for apparel that would be pretty amazing.

Feedback would be to make the user interface more modern, it currently looks like pre Windows 95.  If this is going to be paid, the UI should be a major consideration.

I'd be curious to see how this plans on dealing with hard edges, as well as getting transparent backgrounds.

Are you a DTG printer?  Wondering how high of resolution this can get, I know it could be paired with AI upscaling.

Looks like a cool project, I'd be happy to test it out, but that UI would really turn me away from paying or referring clients to / having a portal without warning them "Hey it's a rad tool to rapid prototype designs, but don't be put off by the UI as the tool works great". You know, first impressions count.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member

Feedback would be to make the user interface more modern, it currently looks like pre Windows 95.  If this is going to be paid, the UI should be a major consideration.

I'd be curious to see how this plans on dealing with hard edges, as well as getting transparent backgrounds.

Are you a DTG printer?  Wondering how high of resolution this can get, I know it could be paired with AI upscaling.

Looks like a cool project, I'd be happy to test it out, but that UI would really turn me away from paying or referring clients to / having a portal without warning them "Hey it's a rad tool to rapid prototype designs, but don't be put off by the UI as the tool works great". You know, first impressions count.

can you point me to a different UI? We can adjust...

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
I am interested and would like to test this out. I just signed up for the beta on discord.

I do have concerns about this and using artist artwork (similar artwork) without permission but looking forward to playing around with it this weekend

it creates it's own art so it is all original. You can pay $600 per year and get full licensing rights to use commercially.

This is just the mockup so the AI guys know what we need. That's why the feedback is important. No idea when it will be available could be days, could be months.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
is the only file option a PNG? I'm fine with that -just curious.

png is the best raster format.
Not sure about doing vector, it can probably be done, but if we decide to pursue it, it would be later down the road.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
I have played around with MJ a bit. I am curious is there a way yet to add text as in your image or is it something you will always have to add additionally after an image is created?

MJ does not do text. Has something to do with the way it generates the art. It really does not know what it is doing. Think of it as a monkey with a typewriter. It sees ppl typing and mimics them. There is no thinking involved, literally throwing random bits together to see what sticks kinda way...
That's why we are looking at adding a layer on top that would incorporate the text.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Looking for feedback and some beta testing on MidJourney/AI art designer.
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2023, 12:54:30 PM »

I have an idea on how to provide the art on transparent background. Should be up and running pretty soon after the proof of concept.
If we manage to convert it to vector, the size would not matter.
Another goal is to have it talk to AI upscaler. It will probably be an option to select so you can specify the size. Not really sure yet, but the gist of it is "Yes, we will be able to provide actual size files at 300dpi!" so jaggy edges should not be an issue.

All of these are minor points. Big issue is going to be training the AI model so it knows it's dealing with T-Shirts. We have two world class AI programmers involved so it will all depend on can we get enough data and what it would cost to train the AI (it would require a lot of pretty expensive computer time). We are throwing some seed money at it and are hoping it sticks...

Offline zanegun08

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2023, 01:00:45 PM »
Looks like a cool idea and I could see the benefits especially for the tire kickers on art, and you could resell the tool to maybe the major players.

For UI, you could get something like this https://codecanyon.net/item/ultimate-addons-for-custom-product-designer-woocommerce-opencart-prestashop/23438365 to do a rapid prototype.

But I'd look to the major online designers for inspiration on layout.

Custom Ink
Canva
https://mock-it.co
https://placeit.net
Bonfire.com
Teespring.com

Obviously the tech is important, but usability is as well.

Could have a click box for Vector or Raster style artwork, click DTG, DTF, Screenprint, Vinyl, Sticker, ect. and it would create different styles of images as an idea, and different output options.  I like PNG though, that is what most DTG online printers request for their file format.

Offline rusty

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2023, 01:16:30 PM »

it creates it's own art so it is all original. You can pay $600 per year and get full licensing rights to use commercially.

This is just the mockup so the AI guys know what we need. That's why the feedback is important. No idea when it will be available could be days, could be months.

Interesting. Thanks for clarifying.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2023, 01:51:16 PM »
how's this?
I'll probably get rid of the two buttons under the shirt...

Offline zanegun08

« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2023, 09:47:05 PM »
That looks nicer, put me on your list for beta testing.