screen printing > Separations

Separation Studio NXT

(1/3) > >>

farmboygraphics:
Anyone using this? Thoughts?

zanegun08:
I haven't used this, but watched some youtube videos.

Looks fine, but nothing you can't do with photoshop, ultraseps plugin, ect.

It doesn't seem expensive so not a huge risk to try it out, however in my opinion I think it is best to charge your customer $15 - $20 per color, sub it out for $15 per color for separations to (still the going rate?) Dan on the board, myseps.com, netseps.com (flat rate), GraphXsource, ect.

The money you "save" trying to do separations with automated software I feel you will lose with making adjustments on press to get it correct, where if you send it out for $150 for a 10 color but it runs perfect the first time and you pass that cost onto your customer anyhow and you can move to the next job you are actually making more money.

I tried https://separo.io/ with decent results, but not mind blowing, and used ultraseps for greyscale with decent results, but in the end I found subbing out gets the best results, and rather than tying up an artist for hours trying to make a subpar separation they are working on other items and get a finished file ( I would still make minor tweaks or request adjustments ) to output.

Just my input, on https://www.myseps.com/tagged/color%20separation you can see a couple separations he did for me (Rosie the Riveter / New York Red Bulls) that I thought were both good results.

That's my two cents on the matter, sim process separations depending on your business model may be rare, so makes more sense to sub out to professionals that DIY.  And if it's a more regular part of your business then netseps.com is good as after 10 separations drops in a year drops down to $75 flat rate who is Mark Coudray's company who is basically the mad scientist of screen printing separations.

Croft:
Maybe do the trial, I did and wasn't really impressed. They went dark for a year or so over covid with promises of greatness . Wasn't any better that what they offered before.
I don't do a lot of simulated process so send all mine to Scott at Myseps and have never had an issue.

screenxpress:

--- Quote from: farmboygraphics on March 07, 2023, 04:22:08 PM ---Anyone using this? Thoughts?

--- End quote ---

If you're looking for sep software to do your own, I'd go with UltraSeps.  Good product and great support. 

Sbrem:

--- Quote from: screenxpress on March 16, 2023, 03:29:35 PM ---
--- Quote from: farmboygraphics on March 07, 2023, 04:22:08 PM ---Anyone using this? Thoughts?

--- End quote ---

If you're looking for sep software to do your own, I'd go with UltraSeps.  Good product and great support.

--- End quote ---

I'll second UltraSeps as well. Though I learned how to do those things before automated programs, they do a very good job and cut the time way down. The last couple of CMYK+W jobs we ran were almost perfect out of the box, I had to dial back the Magenta a little in some areas, but the customer was very pleased.

Steve

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version