Author Topic: Onestroke MB white  (Read 5459 times)

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Onestroke MB white
« on: March 31, 2023, 12:15:25 PM »
Any of you use the MB white from one stroke? I read what is made and suppose to do, but does it really do it in the field? I use one strokes ELT series inks now for a lot of of our bad bleeders.

darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Onestroke MB white
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2023, 02:49:06 PM »
We just got a sample last week but ave yet to try it.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2023, 01:21:44 PM »
Any update on this?  I am out of our regular white and I'd like to see how this white is working for folks.

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2023, 02:07:27 PM »
Price is on par with ELT, any reason to change to this?

prices are insane for a gallon of ink, yet here I am buying it because One Stroke is THAT good.... ;D
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline Atownsend

• !!!
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2023, 04:40:01 PM »
I'd give One Stroke a try if they didn't blow up my phone / email on the reg. Annoying AF. Im not sure how many calls / week I'd get if I placed an actual order.

Last I checked they were way more expensive vs Rutland. But that may have changed idk. I will say though, our rutland super poly w has yet to bleed once on us ($125 / gal @ texsource). So no real reason to switch.

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2023, 04:46:34 PM »
Never got a gal of the MB, I bought a gal of the MIA white instead which has more upside to it but cost way more, I didn't really see that much of a print difference than the ELT plus the ELT is a little cheaper, both are low cure inks, if cost is a factor I'd buy the ELT all day.  I just priced a gal of Union EF Poly LB Golden Yellow (Whew they love it) but it's the best non underbase printing Golden Yellow I've found, even better than One Stroke, but that's just my opinion.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2023, 09:25:38 AM »
We've been running Onestroke #26 white and it's been great for cotton and blends.  It's around $90 a gallon I think, including shipping.

I have a confession though, we've been struggling with white inks recently.  Our prints went from what I would consider flawless to mediocre and we can't pinpoint what happened and when.

We are mostly back to normal, but our bases seem to be a touch weak, especially when you use a standard opacity ink on top of a base. We could get great opacity, but our prints felt like they were from the 90's.

I thought it was a bad batch of ELT, so they sent me a new gallon and it was the same. 

It's frustrating to say the least.

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2023, 09:40:04 AM »
At one time we had 3 maybe 5 brands of white ink, now only two, One stroke and International coatings cool white...One Stroke for the bleeds and cool white for our normal stuff both are low cure.  The last time I used #26 it was a little stiff, so they sent me a reducer, kinda hard to pin down a white ink, you might get a gal that works like a champ and the next gal of the same ink might print like crap, I also stopped buying 5er's I was dipping it out to qt's per job anyway plus gal are just easier to handle.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2023, 11:33:53 AM »
At one time we had 3 maybe 5 brands of white ink, now only two, One stroke and International coatings cool white...One Stroke for the bleeds and cool white for our normal stuff both are low cure.  The last time I used #26 it was a little stiff, so they sent me a reducer, kinda hard to pin down a white ink, you might get a gal that works like a champ and the next gal of the same ink might print like crap, I also stopped buying 5er's I was dipping it out to qt's per job anyway plus gal are just easier to handle.

Also, 5 gallons are overweight for UPS, so there's sometimes a handing fee.  WM Plastics uses 3.5 gallon buckets now.

The 26 white has been working really well for us, I had some ELT I believe X series and it was super thin and not opaque.  I preferred running 1 ink, but the 26 is really good on almost everything except poly.

I wish I could get back there to be honest.  But we just can't figure out what's going on.

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2023, 06:42:18 AM »
I'm envious of everyone that has such a great experience. I had nothing but issues with ELT. After flash tack was so bad the shirts wouldn't even release from the back of the screens. Tried every flash time/temp combo. No luck. Went back to Wilflex quick white and all of the headaches were gone lol. For almost 900 bucks I expected it to be dummy proof. The support team was little help as well. I have to believe I had a wack batch, but I'm not willing to take that gamble again for the price.

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2023, 10:46:54 AM »
We have pretty much switched over all our inks to One Stroke from Union. We used Union for awhile because we would order from Roget Jennings, since he is 45 min away, but since he closed up, no sense in sticking with Union.

My staff loves One Stroke. For the white we use the ELT, we love it. It's pricey, but we just use it on everything, so then there's no messing up. We order in 5 1 gallon buckets and get the same price as the 5 gallon. We just email our rep.

Only thing is we are getting used to the actual color of the ink. We were used to Union and their colors and these are just different shades.

Offline Admiral

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2023, 11:09:51 AM »
I'm envious of everyone that has such a great experience. I had nothing but issues with ELT. After flash tack was so bad the shirts wouldn't even release from the back of the screens. Tried every flash time/temp combo. No luck. Went back to Wilflex quick white and all of the headaches were gone lol. For almost 900 bucks I expected it to be dummy proof. The support team was little help as well. I have to believe I had a wack batch, but I'm not willing to take that gamble again for the price.

I've been stuck with Wilflex Quick white still.  I would like to change to a newer ink but just can't find one that prints as well.  We just tried another ink and it was much worse and the hand of the print was awful too.  Only issue I have had is some things that should not have bled (50% poly or less) have into our Quick White.  That's been more of an issue 2020 to today, but we just make sure to use a poly white instead that can print on anything if we think there is a chance of bleeding.

Offline farmboygraphics

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2023, 01:21:35 PM »
We used Union for awhile because we would order from Roget Jennings, since he is 45 min away, but since he closed up, no sense in sticking with Union.

Have not talked to Roger in years. Got my first and second press from him before ending up with a Diamondback. I wish him well in his retirement. :-)
Tees and Coffee

Offline farmboygraphics

« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2023, 01:25:11 PM »
I had nothing but issues with ELT. After flash tack was so bad the shirts wouldn't even release from the back of the screens. Tried every flash time/temp combo. No luck.

I (knock on wood) have never had any tack. I absolutly love this ink as an underbase. I use it for (the elt white) everything.
Tees and Coffee

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2023, 09:38:23 AM »
We used Union for awhile because we would order from Roget Jennings, since he is 45 min away, but since he closed up, no sense in sticking with Union.

Have not talked to Roger in years. Got my first and second press from him before ending up with a Diamondback. I wish him well in his retirement. :-)

Yea the first manual I bought was from Roger.. 6/6, it was great to go pick it up, and also go look at them first. He was pretty helpful to ke when starting out. So thats why I kept buying our ink from him.

He had a health issue a year or 2 ago, then he was back... but then decided to close...sometime talking to him on the phone was a hoot.