screen printing > Ink and Chemicals

Onestroke MB white

<< < (3/3)

whitewater:
We have pretty much switched over all our inks to One Stroke from Union. We used Union for awhile because we would order from Roget Jennings, since he is 45 min away, but since he closed up, no sense in sticking with Union.

My staff loves One Stroke. For the white we use the ELT, we love it. It's pricey, but we just use it on everything, so then there's no messing up. We order in 5 1 gallon buckets and get the same price as the 5 gallon. We just email our rep.

Only thing is we are getting used to the actual color of the ink. We were used to Union and their colors and these are just different shades.

Admiral:

--- Quote from: Nation03 on October 26, 2023, 06:42:18 AM ---I'm envious of everyone that has such a great experience. I had nothing but issues with ELT. After flash tack was so bad the shirts wouldn't even release from the back of the screens. Tried every flash time/temp combo. No luck. Went back to Wilflex quick white and all of the headaches were gone lol. For almost 900 bucks I expected it to be dummy proof. The support team was little help as well. I have to believe I had a wack batch, but I'm not willing to take that gamble again for the price.

--- End quote ---

I've been stuck with Wilflex Quick white still.  I would like to change to a newer ink but just can't find one that prints as well.  We just tried another ink and it was much worse and the hand of the print was awful too.  Only issue I have had is some things that should not have bled (50% poly or less) have into our Quick White.  That's been more of an issue 2020 to today, but we just make sure to use a poly white instead that can print on anything if we think there is a chance of bleeding.

farmboygraphics:

--- Quote from: whitewater on October 26, 2023, 10:46:54 AM ---We used Union for awhile because we would order from Roget Jennings, since he is 45 min away, but since he closed up, no sense in sticking with Union.

--- End quote ---

Have not talked to Roger in years. Got my first and second press from him before ending up with a Diamondback. I wish him well in his retirement. :-)

farmboygraphics:

--- Quote from: Nation03 on October 26, 2023, 06:42:18 AM ---I had nothing but issues with ELT. After flash tack was so bad the shirts wouldn't even release from the back of the screens. Tried every flash time/temp combo. No luck.

--- End quote ---

I (knock on wood) have never had any tack. I absolutly love this ink as an underbase. I use it for (the elt white) everything.

whitewater:

--- Quote from: farmboygraphics on October 26, 2023, 01:21:35 PM ---
--- Quote from: whitewater on October 26, 2023, 10:46:54 AM ---We used Union for awhile because we would order from Roget Jennings, since he is 45 min away, but since he closed up, no sense in sticking with Union.

--- End quote ---

Have not talked to Roger in years. Got my first and second press from him before ending up with a Diamondback. I wish him well in his retirement. :-)

--- End quote ---

Yea the first manual I bought was from Roger.. 6/6, it was great to go pick it up, and also go look at them first. He was pretty helpful to ke when starting out. So thats why I kept buying our ink from him.

He had a health issue a year or 2 ago, then he was back... but then decided to close...sometime talking to him on the phone was a hoot.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version