Author Topic: Customer ain't picking up order  (Read 3365 times)

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Customer ain't picking up order
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2012, 12:46:43 PM »
yeah, the BBB is a huge joke.  Look at known awful companies...on ripoffreport.com and then compare that to their BBB rating.  You do realize that you can actually buy a better rating.  You become like a platinum member and your rating stays high.  It's a crock.

Offline cattees

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2012, 02:22:08 PM »
The partial payment thing could work - I'm going to think about what I'll say this weekend and call her next week - you guys are great - I'm all pumped up now!

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2012, 02:40:52 PM »
tittie twisters hurt like a son of a too. . .just puttin it out there.
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline Ripcord

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2012, 03:56:06 PM »
The BBB is the biggest crock of sh!t going. . .it's credibility means nothing anymore, which is terrible. . .such a waste of money.
Yeah, they've gone way downhill from what I've heard. Also, their job is to point out unethical businesses. The idea I had was for businesses to have a way to learn about unethical customers.
Raster to vector conversion

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2012, 04:11:01 PM »
yeah, I know what you mean -kinda like Angies list or whatever it is where customers can review and complain about vendors/contractors. We can complain about customers with unreasonable requests. There are always 2 sides to everything I guess

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2012, 04:32:34 PM »
Google Boner's BBQ.  you'll see why this isn't a great idea....customers are ALWAYS right, in the eyes of the public

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2012, 08:54:42 PM »
As business owners I think that anything that sounds like a good idea to say regarding problem customers should be a warning sign for us to just keep our trap shut.  "kill 'em with kindness" says my co-worker.  "stick to policy but be nice about it" says I.  Both work out pretty well in combination. 

All the same, we've all screwed up {some of us more often than we'd like to admit} and have also had our share extenuating situations placed upon as by no actions of our own.  Gotta have a little empathy for someone left holding the hat but at the same time you need to clarify that they are the ones financially responsible here, like it or not and there's no passing it off to the print shop.  If you can walk that fine line you might have an extremely dedicated client who, even if they never order from you again, will speak very highly of you around town. 

Offline Chadwick

« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2012, 01:07:59 AM »
This is from a production perspective, but hold out and ( win or lose ) you've still got a sh*t load of test-print substrates.
What's this donation bs?
Donate em with prints all over em when they're finally full.
Funky sh*t.
lol

Offline Prōdigium

• Something New Is Coming.....Prōdigium
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2012, 01:53:02 AM »
Quote from: Chadwick
Donate em with prints all over em when they're finally full.

...... ;) Ah, a real businessman's thinking.
Nothing is more difficult than the art of maneuvering for advantageous positions.

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2012, 12:25:05 PM »
Ha ha.  We had a big 'ol order rejected last year and we now have a pretty great clutch of test printers for ringspun cotton.  It's a silver lining.  Having identical test material will save shirts on later runs. 

We actually test print all over our wastage then cut 'em up and use them as rags.  It's quick to do with a quilting style fabric cutter and mat.  If lint is an issue you can always toss 'em in a clothes dryer with some fabric softener sheets to get the fuzz out.  I can't remember the last time we bought paper towels for the shop. 

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2012, 02:36:24 PM »
  I can't remember the last time we bought paper towels for the shop.

we use ours as toilet paper. . .makes a friggen man outta ya. . just watch out for the glitter prints, the wife will wonder where ya been.

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2012, 03:29:06 PM »
Yeah the only paper towels I have are for the bathroom and exposure glass.

Offline beanie357

• !!!
  • Patience begets quality
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2012, 06:17:19 PM »
We find that:
A: Producing the order real quick (as soon as sign off and deposit) gets 'em in to get, or we offer to drop off real quickie like while they are still hot to trot. Let them store it. We tell them how great it will be for them to keep the goods until the event, and have one less thing to worry about. Of course they start needing stuff 2 days before the event, so....
B: We wait 15 min past agreed upon time for people who need later access hours. The pubic has little regard for business peoples lives. We wait one time for these folks.
C: We are getting paid upfront more and more in our short time as dekoratuers, and find 100% at time of production equals a zero non-pickup rate.
D: Be flexible by your relationship with the customer. Proven track record equals us being more flexible.

I like the payment of a little at a shot attempt post. We try that at other biz. There are many ways to approach the issue. Sometimes ya gotz to use 'em all :-\