Author Topic: keeping/storing screens  (Read 2123 times)

Offline balloonguy

• !!!
keeping/storing screens
« on: April 06, 2023, 10:44:07 AM »
I have a client that orders several times a year. I have been keeping the screens so I don't have to burn/reclaim every 3 - 5 weeks. I have been getting as much ink out as I can and leaning them against the wall. I do get dust and lint in the ink doing this... Should I put them inside a garbage bag? Clean the ink with screen opener? Anything you guys are doing to make your lives easier.
Thanks.
Matt
When you dig grave will you make it shallow so that I can feel the rain?

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: keeping/storing screens
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2023, 11:12:12 AM »
I have a client that orders several times a year. I have been keeping the screens so I don't have to burn/reclaim every 3 - 5 weeks. I have been getting as much ink out as I can and leaning them against the wall. I do get dust and lint in the ink doing this... Should I put them inside a garbage bag? Clean the ink with screen opener? Anything you guys are doing to make your lives easier.
Thanks.
Matt

stay away from the screen opener, it will lock the emulsion and you'll not be able to reclaim.
Bags work.
I would get "on press screen wash" (stuff used to do color changes) and clean the screens with it before putting away.

pj
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2023, 11:54:50 AM »
Thanks.
Matt

stay away from the screen opener, it will lock the emulsion and you'll not be able to reclaim.
Bags work.
I would get "on press screen wash" (stuff used to do color changes) and clean the screens with it before putting away.

pj

When I used to save screens, I dont anymore, I used to do what Pierre said.

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2023, 02:22:33 PM »
Same as P as well, butttttt when I'm lazy I put the screens squeegee side face to face as to not get dust in there, very easy to just wipe dust off the print side
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline balloonguy

• !!!
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2023, 08:30:15 AM »
Good stuff. Thanks all for the advice.
have a great weekend.
When you dig grave will you make it shallow so that I can feel the rain?

Offline Maxie

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2023, 06:52:17 AM »
We clean with Saati Ink Remover IR26, dry and store.
Maxie Garb.
T Max Designs.
Silk Screen Printers
www.tmax.co.il