Author Topic: Sold out  (Read 2169 times)

Offline sportsshoppe

• !!!
  • A way of life.
Sold out
« on: April 24, 2023, 11:22:06 AM »
I first want to tell everyone that has been so helpful to me with my journey in screen printing a big Thanks! After 23 years and thousands of prints, we sold our business and now I only work one job:). It was a good ride and served me and my family well over the years. As with all of us, Covid really tried us and we could have gone out but we clawed and scratched through it and had one of our best years last year and the beginning of this year. I told the new owners (who have never done anything like this) I would assist them until they got the hang of it. When I purchased the business in 1999 I knew as much about screenprinting as if you had told me I had to do brain surgery in 2 weeks and here are the directions! I have gained so much information from this board, it is amazing how we as printers are so willing to help a newcomer out. Thanks again for all the assistance and I will still be reading the board just not as often.
Sports Shoppe

Offline Scobey Peterman

Re: Sold out
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2023, 12:05:34 PM »
Good luck to you!!!
Quality over Quantity

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2023, 02:05:48 PM »
Yes Good Luck!  Hopefully, I can do the same in about 5 years
It's not a job if you love doing it.

Offline balloonguy

• !!!
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2023, 05:34:22 PM »
You will miss us. I hope you get to enjoy a little down time. Good luck!
When you dig grave will you make it shallow so that I can feel the rain?

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2023, 03:19:05 PM »
Best of luck to you, I'm jealous. I was hoping to be out last year, but the Covid thing made us stretch out our plan.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline sportsshoppe

• !!!
  • A way of life.
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2023, 10:21:50 AM »
Well, I am not getting to retire :( but my wife is. I am still employed as a welding instructor at our local college so I still got 6 more years but I am now only working one job. I do not have to leave one to go to the other and during my spring break, I will not be printing baseball jerseys!!! I can actually go on VACATION!!!!