Author Topic: Laser to Screen (LTS)  (Read 20684 times)

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Laser to Screen (LTS)
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2023, 08:23:42 AM »
Extremely lightly used (almost new) one just popped up on Digitsmith its in ATL

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2023, 08:30:42 AM »
Yikes, why are they selling I wonder. Thats a big expense to just bail out after 3 uses.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2023, 09:41:37 AM »
Yeah, head scratcher. Scott used to work for Brannon at Spot Color BTW.

Offline scott316

• !!!
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2023, 01:37:47 PM »
My customer bought it and his business went in a different direction.
Scott Thompson
404-583-4903

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2023, 02:53:35 PM »

Jesus, went a hard left then huh? Got me thinking theses things aint it if people are doing that.

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2023, 05:14:47 PM »
Modern product development means first adopters are unknowing beta testers.
"We'll release a patch" gets you to market faster, followed shortly by "product has been discontinued
and replaced with xxx".

Not saying that's what happened here, I have no experience. But around these parts a whole lot
of people bought into Teslas as they came off the assembly line (tent?) and a few short years
later you heard those turd units creaking and rattling down the road like an electric Joad family.
Even the comically oversized touchscreen selling point wasn't working anymore.
But don't tell the fanboys, it's hard to admit when you've spent a bunch of money foolishly.

Software tends to be particularly terrible at this, as they can actually (ostensibly) release a patch to
fix problems, usually breaking something else in the process. Remember Windows 8.1?
That horrific abomination got swept under the rug real quick. I'm guessing the "free upgrade to 10" was
actually "avoiding class action lawsuits".

Offline Admiral

« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2023, 05:51:42 PM »
Modern product development means first adopters are unknowing beta testers.
"We'll release a patch" gets you to market faster, followed shortly by "product has been discontinued
and replaced with xxx".

Not saying that's what happened here, I have no experience. But around these parts a whole lot
of people bought into Teslas as they came off the assembly line (tent?) and a few short years
later you heard those turd units creaking and rattling down the road like an electric Joad family.
Even the comically oversized touchscreen selling point wasn't working anymore.
But don't tell the fanboys, it's hard to admit when you've spent a bunch of money foolishly.

Software tends to be particularly terrible at this, as they can actually (ostensibly) release a patch to
fix problems, usually breaking something else in the process. Remember Windows 8.1?
That horrific abomination got swept under the rug real quick. I'm guessing the "free upgrade to 10" was
actually "avoiding class action lawsuits".

There's definitely corner cutting on product development but I don't get the take on Teslas - the friends that have them all love them and would never go back to something else.  Maybe that is in reference to the costlier, earlier models - S and X though? Everyone I know has either a 3 or Y.  As for that software it's only been improving overtime with OTA updates...

How quickly things can be developed and to market now is scary, and means there are poor products and it's hard to sift through them, I agree with that kind of thing.  Buying things off Amazon is still a crapshoot even if it's 4.5 stars with hundreds of reviews.  Many products just don't last as long since they are built for affordability now and everyone has access to so many varieties.  You can often get some knockoff that you think will be worth it but it has some faults that they fix with the next product run on Amazon.  I don't think this applies to serious production equipment as much, but I would still advise to not go with the first product put out there.  It can be successful just fine too though - we have a very early M&R Cobra press and it is great.  I did wait on Tajima embroidery machines a little bit and that was worth it because they updated what I was close to buying earlier than I actually did.

Offline scott316

• !!!
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2023, 06:14:03 PM »

Jesus, went a hard left then huh? Got me thinking theses things aint it if people are doing that.

Yeah kind of crazy, but he is killing it in his business. He is still screen printing and subbing out shirts.
Scott Thompson
404-583-4903

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2023, 06:16:36 PM »
I have no idea what model Teslas, I pay no attention to that sort of thing. I just know that
the early ones I've been in and have heard driving down the road feel and sound like they are rapidly
devolving into base components.

the friends that have them all love them and would never go back to something else.

You'll find that with any major purchase that also doubles as a lifestyle or business statement.
I'm not saying that they are wrong or lying, just that as I said, it's hard to admit you made a bad decision.
The fella with the Tesla with the stupid giant touchscreen that didn't work had his smartphone
literally taped in front of the thing so he could navigate. All the while singing the praises of brother Elon...

we have a very early M&R Cobra press and it is great

That's because it's based on a well tested and time proven design, the Roq.
:)

Offline Evo

• Anything is possible.
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2023, 08:37:15 PM »

You're thinking of the Copperhead...

The Cobra is basically a Super Sportsman.

Gauntlet 4 is a Super Cobra.

Challenger 4 will be a...Super Gauntlet?
There is scarcely anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse, and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey.
John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Offline Evo

• Anything is possible.
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2023, 08:40:36 PM »
...the early ones I've been in and have heard driving down the road feel and sound like they are rapidly
devolving into base components.

You can say this about most cars driving around on those tore up Bay Area streets.
There is scarcely anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse, and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey.
John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2023, 09:49:09 PM »
How much are Saati asking for that unit "new"? If you buy them directly in China of the actual manufacturer they cost between US$80,000 - US$160,000. I think that is including someone coming over for installation. Of course you don`t get the "next day" tech support in case things go south.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2023, 08:54:53 AM »
Early anything can be a risk. Modern Tesla's are fantastic cars though. The short falling wasn't the car really, its the charging network in my area. Only really 2 spots to charge that aren't near me other than charging at home. Making spontaneous trips something I couldn't do in that car. So I sold it, in a big city/more populated area it would not be the same issue we saw. But the self driving, acceleration, awesome infotainment and such was great about those cars. I am not a over the top Elon fan boy, but he's doing electric cars better than anyone and its not close.

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2023, 12:35:32 PM »

You're thinking of the Copperhead...

You're right. I see they kept the micro layout and beefed up pallet arms though. That's good, that's innovation.
I will say that the actual rear micros on our MHM are probably the best, new guys in particular are able to pick
up on those way quicker than the Roq's.

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2023, 03:13:56 PM »
Teslas are every where, where I live. I don't know why they are more popular in some areas than others. What I do know is a lot of large employers around here (Aetna, P&W, Cigna Werox etc) Have free charging for their employees. I know if I worked for one of them I would consider the switch.
"No man is an island"