Author Topic: Laser to Screen (LTS)  (Read 20770 times)

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
Re: Laser to Screen (LTS)
« Reply #150 on: October 03, 2023, 08:01:23 AM »
I look forward to hearing how you like it
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline Evo

• Anything is possible.
« Reply #151 on: October 03, 2023, 02:12:55 PM »
LOL that the "Laser to Screen (LTS)" thread has turned into the "Excited Wax-jet Buyer" thread.

There is scarcely anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse, and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey.
John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #152 on: October 03, 2023, 03:27:15 PM »
Such is life.  Things change. Lol. But yes, to your point, I would like to continue hearing updated feedback from Tony on his progress.

It also went to eletric cars for a while. Just grew legs. 
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #153 on: October 03, 2023, 06:03:35 PM »
Brant,

There is a guy who has a saved setting for his Douthit that did his calibration with a densitomitor. It would be mouth closer to accurate, but still yours may be slightly different. Each shop would be). But, we used it at our install for starters and I doubt the shop owner ever changed it from what it was.  It could help you get better halftones faster. Skip some trial and error testing.

Mark knows who I’m referring to, but his name slips my mind. Jason LaBlue maybe? Or Jason Vanick.  I think he’s the one.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Maxie

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #154 on: October 06, 2023, 05:47:23 AM »
Jason Vanick, I set up my Douthitt with his settings a few years ago and am happy with the results.
Personally I would never buy a ink jet, after working for years with Epson I don't want another ink jet.    Climate control etc.         
I have a Douthitt and am very happy with it.     I built a exposure box that stands next to it, I slide the screen in the top and have a Saati UV lamp ( the small one) on the bottom facing up.
I expose 320 for 10 sec, 110 for 22 sec using Saati PHU.        I don't like very short exposure times.    Because there is no glass I don't have any pinhole problems like I did with film.
I don't see exposre time as a problem, the print time either, if you have a lot of screens you expose and wash out or tape up while the CTS is printing.   
I don't see much difference between the results of a well set up Wax and Laser.     
The Laser costs about double the Wax and if it gives trouble you need a technician to fix it.    It about 4 years I have not had a problem that Mark couldn't help me fix over the phone.
The new Laser on the market costs about $80,000 for a basic model that takes about 10 min to expose a screen, you need to add extra lazers and pay around $130,000 to get a good production speed.
It also only does one screen at a time.
I think that for most shops laser is a waste of money, if you do 100's of screens to two screen Saati should be faster.    I'm very happy with my Douthitt that costs half of the laser and the service is amazing.
I can think of a lot of things to do with the $50,000 difference.
Maxie Garb.
T Max Designs.
Silk Screen Printers
www.tmax.co.il

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #155 on: October 06, 2023, 06:46:47 AM »
A little clarification regarding the laser (SAATI)....two at a time, screens xpose in app 2 minutes. So perhaps 60 secs per screen. Without the xtra 50K. Don't know where the prev post #s came from. Welcome to the age of (mis) information ;)

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #156 on: October 06, 2023, 07:09:20 AM »
I was quoted I think it was 107k on a LTS 8012 Saati. That was all in except travel expenses. So id assume another 1-2k with hotels/air/rental. Just for reference. That was just a few weeks ago so thats pretty recent.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #157 on: October 06, 2023, 08:07:20 AM »
8012 would be overkill unless you need to xpose two oversize screens at a time. The 60-80 VF burns two 23/231 screens and ours was 80K with install tech/travel etc inc. Still pricey but no regrets issues so far.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #158 on: October 06, 2023, 08:26:50 AM »
8012 would be overkill unless you need to xpose two oversize screens at a time. The 60-80 VF burns two 23/231 screens and ours was 80K with install tech/travel etc inc. Still pricey but no regrets issues so far.

That is what they suggested I get. I didn't request one model over another.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube