Author Topic: Here's a tough one. Don't know what I'm gonna do.  (Read 6157 times)

Offline middletownink

• Verified/Junior
  • Future so bright, got to wear shades!
Re: Here's a tough one. Don't know what I'm gonna do.
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2012, 08:55:01 PM »
I ran into a similar situation, twice!!!   lady orders off the website catalog. Ribbed tanks with a glitter imprint for a group she was involved in. The print was great but she wanted them longer.  We went back and forth for 2 days and I reordered the goods and took it on the chin because it was for a cancer walk.  Couple weeks later another lady comes in and we went through the catalogs and she picks out a junior fit tee for her order. Order is complete and shocker they don't fit all the mid 40 yr old gals. She wanted a reprint on larger sizes. I stood my ground. I made it very clear that these shirts were a junior fit when she ordered. During a conversation she mentions what I did for lady #1 and she was expecting the same service. I wanted to loose my mind on this lady but I took into account that obviously she came to me because of word of mouth. I ended up telling her to have the ladies that had the fit issue to go out and purchase shirts that they are more comfortable with and I would print them.  And she could add members to the group by selling the others shirts to new members. So I got paid in full and only had to print on 3 more shirts. Plus with in the Mommy group my name is still good!!!
-You Think It! - We Print It!-

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2012, 10:25:38 PM »
IMHO Quadaddy has it right. We fixed a schools problem for cheap, even though was not our problem. Made nothing on the fix, but were stars. Now dealing with other coaches. Redid a couple other small questionable orders on the problem, but so what? Cost of advertising. However, we can do prototypes on DTG for most clothes and Boy O Boy does that make us smell good. We have to print regularly on the damn thing anyway to keep it happy, so no biggie. You should see the stuff in our chart of accounts under advertising.

One of the reasons we did a store front and put a few K on the floor in samples was for the sizing issues abundant in our nation of svelte personnas. "I'm an xl!!" Like he**. You be a 2 or 3x. Imagine the poor shoe salesman (a la Al Bundy). How's this one? Ladies M, but a male M fits perfectly. Boy talk about denial.

Sorry, could not let that setup go unanswered.

Al Bundy Classic

« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 10:28:01 PM by screenxpress »
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline Ripcord

« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2012, 02:33:10 PM »
Like Lance mentioned, If I return her money and move on, I'll have a net loss of $100 or so on the job (the amount I paid for the shirts), which I can easily make up in the time it would take to reprint the shirts. (Plus there's something about doing a reprint that tends to put me in a real funky mood for the whole day, and it would be nice to avoid that...)

I don't see how the customer can bad mouth me if I return 100% of the payment. She didn't like the shirts so she's getting her money back. That's a good business practice. She can take the returned money and use it it to pay someone else to do the reprint. They need to be reprinted, whether it's by me or someone else, so she won't be losing any more time. The refund makes her whole and satisfies my obligation.

What I like about the refund option is that by going elsewhere she is going to learn that a lot of my competitors don't do the same quality work that I do and many of them charge more than I. I certainly don't want to print for her again, so it doesn't bother me in this case to lose her business.

I'm definitely getting the shirts back as a condition of the refund, and I'm going to mention to her that I'm donating them to a homeless shelter. LOL I love that idea! What a righteous man I am, donating clothing to the homeless.
Raster to vector conversion

Offline tpitman

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2012, 05:14:55 PM »
I'm definitely getting the shirts back as a condition of the refund, and I'm going to mention to her that I'm donating them to a homeless shelter. LOL I love that idea! What a righteous man I am, donating clothing to the homeless.

Those grizzled homeless men will look simply smashing in their ladies shirts as they panhandle on the interstate off-ramps. Good for you!!
Work is the curse of the drinking class . . .

Offline Fluid

• !!!
  • Keep the Ink Moving... Stay Corelian My Friends!
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2012, 10:11:48 AM »
Those grizzled homeless men will look simply smashing
Simply Smashing, indeed. LOL
Richard
--Fluid       www.fluiddsn.com Graphic Designs, Color Separations & Film Output 15+ years Industry Experience - CorelDRAW MasterĀ®