Computers and Software > Raster and Vector Manipulation Programs, and How to Do Stuff in Them.

Can't adjust a .png

(1/1)

Sbrem:
I had a customer send me a .png, black on a transparent background, RGB mode, it has some soft edges. Normally, I'd open Levels or Curves, and bring the ends together to "harden" it and lose the grays. No matter what I do, absolutely nothing happens to the image. If I take the eyedropper tool, and have the Info pallet open, when I hover over black, I get "0" in the RGB section, and like 60,60,60, 80 in the CMYK section. Also, there is no Histogram in the Curves box, or the Levels box. Hmmmm...

Steve

screenxpress:

--- Quote from: Sbrem on May 24, 2023, 01:00:54 PM ---I had a customer send me a .png, black on a transparent background, RGB mode, it has some soft edges. Normally, I'd open Levels or Curves, and bring the ends together to "harden" it and lose the grays. No matter what I do, absolutely nothing happens to the image. If I take the eyedropper tool, and have the Info pallet open, when I hover over black, I get "0" in the RGB section, and like 60,60,60, 80 in the CMYK section. Also, there is no Histogram in the Curves box, or the Levels box. Hmmmm...

Steve

--- End quote ---
Without seeing a copy this could be as elusive as the Bermuda Triangle to figure out, lol.  Hmmm

inkman996:
I think it needs a white background to work.

Sbrem:

--- Quote from: inkman996 on May 24, 2023, 01:54:20 PM ---I think it needs a white background to work.

--- End quote ---

ta-dah! that was it Inkman! As soon as I read that it made sense, no white, nothing to adjust. Here's a pic of the offending art before adding the white layer. Thanks guys.

inkman996:

--- Quote from: Sbrem on May 24, 2023, 04:36:23 PM ---
--- Quote from: inkman996 on May 24, 2023, 01:54:20 PM ---I think it needs a white background to work.

--- End quote ---

ta-dah! that was it Inkman! As soon as I read that it made sense, no white, nothing to adjust. Here's a pic of the offending art before adding the white layer. Thanks guys.

--- End quote ---

Glad to help.I catch myself sometimes forgetting that I need a back ground before doing certain adjustments. Its a bit annoying.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version