Author Topic: Blanket Time!!!  (Read 1494 times)

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Blanket Time!!!
« on: May 24, 2023, 02:53:19 PM »
Well after a long run it's time to replace the blanket on the exposure unit, (Using roller frames done it in) what I have on there now is neoprene rubber,  I know most of you don't even use a glass top anymore but for those that still do what would you say is the best type of material you've had on your unit?
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Blanket Time!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2023, 04:38:57 PM »
We have a huge exposure unit, and have put 2 new blankets on it in the last 10 years, and it is a pond liner from home depot or lowes. It was cheap, and big enough to do 2 units.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Blanket Time!!!
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2023, 06:53:36 PM »
pond liner works and it is cheap. Does not last as long or provide as good of a vacuum as the blanket from the manufacturer though.
We used the liner and neoprene for 10 years and it worked, but finally spent the money on the real rubber and were much happier.
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!