Author Topic: this might be the end...  (Read 6033 times)

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
this might be the end...
« on: May 25, 2023, 04:19:30 PM »
our hosting expires on june 6th and we are not going to maintain the forum any more. If anybody is interested in moving it to their web page let us know.
Otherwise the lights will go out!

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: this might be the end...
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2023, 04:52:24 PM »
Oh my... I will miss this place and everyone in it for sure. I've had so much help from my friends here, as well as contributing what I know, as little as it is. Thank you Pierre, Dan and Andy, you are all fine gentlemen, and I'm glad to have made your acquaintances. God bless you all, and all of my friends here as well.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline nicolas

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2023, 11:06:19 PM »
I'LL SUE!!!  >:(

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2023, 08:04:04 AM »
I sure hate to hear this.  I've made it such a habit to check TSB every morning.  That will be tough to get use to.  Sure going to miss it.
It's not a job if you love doing it.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2023, 10:26:56 AM »
I will miss this place, but everything has a season.  I'm thankful for the friends I've made and the things I've learned.

Offline siestasol

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2023, 10:29:31 AM »
NO, NO... Where are we going to find the knowledge, the help We need sometimes. Will be hard. Usually, I check the emails, the news and TSB...
Thanks to all. Al

Offline nobrainsd

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2023, 01:35:10 PM »
Well, First off, a big thank you to everyone who made The Shirt Board possible! I have learned so much from the posts by real printers over the years. Having a searchable database is so crucial. Whenever I had a problem or wanted to try a new product I made a search. It has been indispensable. My other big interest, sit down hydrofoiling, lost the main focus of our sport when the Foilforum shut down. Our foiling community has suffered. Facebook groups can never replace the years of experience that were to be found with a site search and everything posted on FB disappears so quickly.  I am ever hopeful that someone will choose to host this site, but change is the way of the world. Alas. Still feeling very thankful to have been here.

Nobrainsd (Kelson)

Online GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2023, 02:19:19 PM »
Sorry to hear it.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2023, 04:28:53 PM »
Many of us will sorely miss this "home". 

Like many of you I have this site auto-open along with my Email Tabs when my PC boots up.

Huge Kudo's to Pierre, Dan and Andy for providing this rich location for information and help.

Since I do not do facebook and before this site goes belly-up https://www.t-shirtforums.com/ might be a place to land at least for the time being.  It's not quite as navigable as our site here, but does seem to have a lot of questions asked and questions answered.

But I understand all good things must come to an end and I just want to give a big Thanks to Pierre, Dan and Andy for taking a lot of time out of their revenue producing schedules to give us a place to gather and search for answers for all these years.

Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline 1964GN

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2023, 05:13:51 PM »
I have plenty of hosting space and it won't cost a penny.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2023, 05:17:34 PM »
I have plenty of hosting space and it won't cost a penny.
The trick is in backing it up and restoring on another server. If you can do that it’s an option.
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline 1964GN

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2023, 05:20:47 PM »
Right. I'll look into the options this weekend and see what I can do. I actually own 5 boating forums for the last 12 years (as a hobby) and have plenty of space on my hosting reseller account.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2023, 06:40:19 AM »
It looks like Rick Roth will take it over and connect it to the ink kitchen. This is actually a good fit as he is going to connect the blog with a forum. Lets hope it works out…

Offline 1964GN

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2023, 06:44:39 AM »
Sounds good. If for some reason that doesn't work out I do see a path to move to my host and convert it to a new forum software that's quite a bit more robust. The back up procedure would need to be done before you lose access to your host.

Offline DonR

« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2023, 08:35:43 AM »
Happy to hear you are trying to save this site. I have always found that the members are more professional and knowledgeable than other t-shirts sites.