Author Topic: LPI Question for Solid Prints  (Read 2130 times)

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
LPI Question for Solid Prints
« on: May 28, 2023, 01:26:49 PM »
I manage my LPI settings for halftones, but do not change defaults for solid colors.  My Corel defaults to 80.  Is there a recommendation for LPI when its a solid (100%) spot color or is 80 okay to leave alone?
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline kidink

• Verified/Junior
Re: LPI Question for Solid Prints
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2023, 06:51:35 AM »
No need to worry about LPI when processing solid spot colour jobs. LPI will only come in to effect when dealing with grey values from 1% - 99%

I do however prefer to run my solid jobs at an angle of 45 as opposed to 22.5

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2023, 11:32:46 AM »
Thanks
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2023, 03:44:09 PM »
I print from Illustrator, and if a color doesn't have any gray, that is, is 100%, I leave the parameter alone, as it's a moot point.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2023, 05:41:22 PM »
I print from Illustrator, and if a color doesn't have any gray, that is, is 100%, I leave the parameter alone, as it's a moot point.

Steve
I had never messed with it on 100% spot colors and wondered if I should have.  Thanks