Author Topic: Flash is randomly scorching shirts  (Read 3741 times)

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
Flash is randomly scorching shirts
« on: July 27, 2023, 02:58:45 PM »
Anyone run into this issue before? I've been using the same settings I always have without any issues and now the last week or so everything will be going fine and then a shirt will get burnt to a crisp. The flash is an Anatol Rapid Wave with heat sensor. My only guess is that the heat sensor went bad (if that's a thing)? I turned off the probe for now to see if it resolves the issue. It's getting a little frustrating since I keep having to reprint a few shirts for every order I've been running and it's causing massive delays and bottlenecks.

Offline futurecolors

Re: Flash is randomly scorching shirts
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2023, 03:33:37 PM »
my first guess would be that the sensor lens might be dirty?

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2023, 03:41:11 PM »
my first guess would be that the sensor lens might be dirty?

Same here! I vacuumed it up pretty well yesterday and then hit it with some high pressure air to clear any gunk out of the way. Looks pretty clean, buy maybe there is some lint really lodged up there?

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2023, 03:43:27 PM »
I'm having the same problem with my Rapid wave flash as well, but I will say the problem shirts are the sports grey and they are scorching at the bottom when I use all the heat blubs, never had a problem with the first row of lambs always the back.  Makes me wonder if the back row of lambs are getting hotter than the front row, my normal flash time once everything is heated up is 3.4 seconds on my normal shirts and sports grey 2.4, if you find your problem I would like to know!!!!!
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline futurecolors

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2023, 04:28:38 PM »
I'm having the same problem with my Rapid wave flash as well, but I will say the problem shirts are the sports grey and they are scorching at the bottom when I use all the heat blubs, never had a problem with the first row of lambs always the back.  Makes me wonder if the back row of lambs are getting hotter than the front row, my normal flash time once everything is heated up is 3.4 seconds on my normal shirts and sports grey 2.4, if you find your problem I would like to know!!!!!

Might be that the bottom of your pallet is missing adhesive. Areas where the shirt is not adhered to the pallet heat up much fast as heat gets to it from the top and bottom. When adhered it takes quite a bit longer to reach the temp of scorching.

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2023, 04:47:31 PM »

Sport grey has been the biggest culprit for me as well but it's happening on some other styles/colors as well. Mainly towards the bottom also. I'm running a bunch of Bella fleece tomorrow so hopefully I figure it out because replacing a bunch of those will get expensive real quick lol.

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2023, 04:58:12 PM »

Might be that the bottom of your pallet is missing adhesive. Areas where the shirt is not adhered to the pallet heat up much fast as heat gets to it from the top and bottom. When adhered it takes quite a bit longer to reach the temp of scorching.

Never thought of that since it happens 95% of the time on sports grey shirts, as far as the pallet tack I'm thinking it's good, but I will check on that

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2023, 09:07:24 AM »

I was following until I read " blubs" and "Lambs". then I was lost. Been in the business 17 years and never heard of those terms. ;)

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2023, 10:50:57 AM »

I was following until I read " blubs" and "Lambs". then I was lost. Been in the business 17 years and never heard of those terms. ;)

Lemme  'splain; Blubs are where people live outside of the cities, and lambs are what you do when you totally screw up a job, as in "take it on..." :P

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2023, 11:05:44 AM »

Lemme  'splain; Blubs are where people live outside of the cities, and lambs are what you do when you totally screw up a job, as in "take it on..." :P

Steve

hahahah

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2023, 01:24:19 PM »

LOL bulbs and Heat Lamps  ain't the first time  ;D ;D ;D

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2023, 08:28:08 AM »
This only happens to us on the sports grey products, it seems like their is an occasional shirt in the batch that might have a different blend that allows it to scorch. Not sure but it is maddening when you have everything dialed in, shirts are perfect then blam a ruined shirt.
"No man is an island"

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2023, 08:30:37 AM »

Make sure your flash is 100% paralell front to back, don't just rely on eye but actually measure. Maybe a way to tell if the rear bulbs are actually generating more heat is use an amp clamp on the leads to the bulbs and compare accross the array.
"No man is an island"

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2023, 09:38:50 PM »
Spoke with Anatol today. Sounds like it may be a faulty temperature sensor. My workaround for the time being was to raise the height of the flash a bit. Seems to be doing the trick for now.