Computers and Software > Computers and Software - General

Computer Components Vendors

(1/3) > >>

ebscreen:
I need to build a new comp and I'm wondering if anyone has a preferred vendor for these sorts of things?
I was always a brick and mortar buyer but since Fry's got run into the ground I'm not sure where to turn.
The last time I bought components online was when the internet was new and Newegg was a reputable company.

If anyone wants to open a Micro Center out west you'd make a killing. There's an enormous vacuum in that market.

Frog:

--- Quote from: ebscreen on August 17, 2023, 04:18:26 PM ---I need to build a new comp and I'm wondering if anyone has a preferred vendor for these sorts of things?
I was always a brick and mortar buyer but since Fry's got run into the ground I'm not sure where to turn.
The last time I bought components online was when the internet was new and Newegg was a reputable company.

If anyone wants to open a Micro Center out west you'd make a killing. There's an enormous vacuum in that market.

--- End quote ---

I used to deal a lot with the now-closed Tiger Direct, but also a bit with Newegg. What bad luck did you have with Newegg?

Evo:
Not the most convenient for you but Central Computers in Santa Clara is excellent. I built 2 systems a couple years ago, about 75% of the components came from there.

ebscreen:

--- Quote from: Frog on August 17, 2023, 04:23:17 PM ---
I used to deal a lot with the now-closed Tiger Direct, but also a bit with Newegg. What bad luck did you have with Newegg?

--- End quote ---

I've ordered from Tiger Direct as well, funny those two used to be the go to places.

Newegg sent me four bad touch screen monitors in a row. Not technically their fault but they also seem
to have gone the Amazon route of offering literally anything their vendors will ship. Meh.

ebscreen:

--- Quote from: Evo on August 17, 2023, 04:27:37 PM ---Not the most convenient for you but Central Computers in Santa Clara is excellent. I built 2 systems a couple years ago, about 75% of the components came from there.

--- End quote ---

I appreciate the recommendation, I figured the south bay must have a store for this sort of thing.
Gotta time it right though, 680/880 traffic can be grueling.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version