Computers and Software > Online Stores

Online Fulfillment

(1/2) > >>

mikee440:
Greetings TSBers.  I 'd like to first say how thankful I am that this resource still exists.  I have been lurking for years & have gained much insight....  My issue. One of my oldest customers J. started a fast food type business several years ago. At that time I was a small business as was his.  Fast forward to today and I am still a small but growing business, but J. has several locations and is looking to expand locally.  He has revealed to me that he & his partners eventually,hope to franchise the business in the near future and have big plans in the workse.  They have little time to store, order, reorder and distribute the company uniforms ( a few tees and an embroidered cap or two).  Without my knowledge and with much heaviness to my heart (I bust my ass for all my customers) the partners have actually tried a bigger online type company to take this matter off their plate. Fortunately for me they were disappointed and still appreciate the quality of my product.  So how do I go about creating a place/ website that will take employee uniform orders.  It will have to look like the company "page". The employees will be responsible for payment. I will be responsible for fulfillment./ Thanks M.

Sbrem:
There are a number of options of course. I only have a dozen or so school stores, which we run on a schedule, that is, the store is "open" only for 2 to 3 weeks, then it closes and we can collate the orders and produce. You want to be able to take orders and fulfill them quickly, and that's just another way to do it. You would have to consider the cost of doing a few at a time as compared to a good sized bulk order, but you charge for that. We use Order My Gear, about as simply as we can, we don't do a deep dive into all it's features, though I'm sure others here do, and will chime in. Oddly enough, I have an email this morning from the teacher of the vocational school Metal Fab wanting to open the store again.

Steve

ebscreen:
I can't help with the store thing, we won't touch that with someone else's ten foot pole.

But I did want to mention that employers that make employees purchase their own work shirts
need to be tarred and feathered. That's the ultimate boomer business move and I'm pretty sure
it's illegal in some states.

Frog:

--- Quote from: ebscreen on August 18, 2023, 11:20:28 AM ---I can't help with the store thing, we won't touch that with someone else's ten foot pole.

But I did want to mention that employers that make employees purchase their own work shirts
need to be tarred and feathered. That's the ultimate boomer business move and I'm pretty sure
it's illegal in some states.

--- End quote ---

Wonder if it could be set up so that workers could "purchase" the made-to-order shirts, but the employer pays.

ebscreen:

--- Quote from: Frog on August 18, 2023, 01:17:19 PM ---
but the employer pays.

--- End quote ---

Out of your first paycheck...

A friend of mine had a horror story of his first job at Red Robin, forced to buy several
button up denim work shirts with enormous embroidery on the back, first check was basically a wash.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version