Author Topic: Best footwear for standing all day?  (Read 6000 times)

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: Best footwear for standing all day?
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2023, 01:23:57 PM »
I had a lot of problems with my feet until Greg Jenson from Saati recommended Keane Targhee.
Great shoes if you stand or walk around your plant a lot.

It's "Keen". And, years ago, I found the Targhee, as well as most of their other styles have the wide front that my foot requires.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2023, 01:28:02 PM »
I always thought that nurses are onto something as they wear clogs or shoes with hard soles in general. . . never tried myself, but suggested it to some ppl and they said it made a big difference.
pj
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline farmboygraphics

« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2023, 04:30:30 PM »
Update, the Cliftons really hit the spot. I've also started to swap out shoes during the day (if I remember) and that's made a huge difference.
Tees and Coffee

Offline Evo

• Anything is possible.
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2023, 06:53:32 PM »
I had a lot of problems with my feet until Greg Jenson from Saati recommended Keane Targhee.
Great shoes if you stand or walk around your plant a lot.

It's "Keen". And, years ago, I found the Targhee, as well as most of their other styles have the wide front that my foot requires.

I once swore by the Keen PTC Oxfords (restaurant/service shoes) as they had the best non-slip soles I've ever used. You could stand in any manner of screen room puddles and they gripped like it was a dry floor.

I bought another pair recently and the grip is still there but they are miserable quality these days. They were comfortable for maybe a month or two but they are starting to fall apart.

I've tried Danners but they are mostly made for people with Fred Flintsone feet.

I'm old enough now to graduate to plain white New Balance... :(

There is scarcely anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse, and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey.
John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)