Author Topic: Things I'd like to know more about in CorelDRAW part 1 - Contours  (Read 8868 times)

Offline Big Frank Sports

• Verified/Junior
Re: Things I'd like to know more about in CorelDRAW part 1 - Contours
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2011, 01:54:41 PM »
Okay, you two.................what the heck am I missing?
Does an old dog need to learn a new trick?

Diane

Those two look exactly the same.  Will they print different on the films or what??

Frank
Frank Allnutt
Your Logo, Motto or Photo on just about ANYTHING! 304-982-7159 - don't let the video phone intro SCARE ya!

Offline Chadwick

« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2011, 01:45:26 AM »
No, assuming you color the objects properly.

We're just yakkin' about ways of getting to an end result.

Diane, nice macro. Wondered why you defended contours so much. Now I know.
 :)
My lunacy would be a 'stock workaround' I guess.
 ;D

Offline cyw

« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2011, 10:38:06 AM »
hey Frank, no, the sample I posted won't really print differently....per se.
The reason I use contours is really two-fold.
For me, especially when there's more complicated stuff going on, it's always easier for me to manipulated/tweak obects (a contour is an object) than outlines.
You also need to be careful sometimes with using wide outlines  as they tend to compromise the integrity of a typeface.
Contours go behind, outlines will straddle. You need to always make sure you check the 'behind' fill box with outlines on text.
The main reason I'm so fond of contours, though, is that they're more versatile. I do a fair amount of vinyl work where outlines are virtually useless.
Also with my new nifty digital Versacamm printer, it's impossible to place a Boundary line/cut line around an outline.
If I construct the art with contours in the first place, I don't have to jump back in, change stuff I already did and make double work for myself.

Getting older and slower these days.............anything that simplifies my life, is a good thing. ;)

Diane

Offline Northland

« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2011, 11:32:17 AM »
On side note..... when using outlines, I often forget to check the "scale with image" box.
Then, when I re-size the art.... the outlines don't resize, so the outline becomes to thick -or- thin a stroke.

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2011, 01:39:07 PM »
North set "scale to outline" as a default. Click on the pen tool with nothing else selected select graphic and then check off what you want as defaults.
"No man is an island"

Offline Northland

« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2011, 03:20:38 PM »
North set "scale to outline" as a default. Click on the pen tool with nothing else selected select graphic and then check off what you want as defaults.
10-4... thanks