screen printing > Ink and Chemicals

ink for 84% nylon/16% Lycra, etc.

<< < (2/2)

whitewater:
I wear Ten Thousand at CrossFit. They are nice Shorts. Been wearing a few years.

Ive switched all our inks over to One Stroke. I would bet that elt-x would work

brandon:
Supacolor it or low cure / air hybrid water base inks. Whats the volume? If over 100 just throw it on the auto and be done otherwise Supacolor it

Sbrem:

--- Quote from: brandon on October 04, 2023, 09:29:39 PM ---Supacolor it or low cure / air hybrid water base inks. Whats the volume? If over 100 just throw it on the auto and be done otherwise Supacolor it

--- End quote ---

Short numbers, but it seems to be a test run. As I said, it's for a contract customer, so we're extra concerned about liability. A couple of screwed up pieces takes all the fun out of it, ya know? My other question would be if the ELT from One-Stroke will adhere to the nylon/lycra and stretch as well? Same question with the poly/lycra. We won't be trying any water based hybrids as we have zero experience with them, we've yet to have the need. Supacolor may be the way to go for this.

Steve

Orion:
https://www.onestrokeinks.com/images/custom/ToolsDownloads/downloads/compliance/TDS/Ink/tds_elt_x_series.pdf

I have used this series several times on unlined poly coaches jackets with out mixing in catalyst. No bleed and no adhesion issues. TDS claims it is "stretchy".

Gabe:
The ELT from One Stroke would do good on that type of garment the next question is... the HEAT applied to cure it, read the instruction on cure temperatures
start low to high then, watch for dye migration. Test and retest depending on your dryer.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version