Author Topic: Feel the burn!!!!1  (Read 5643 times)

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Feel the burn!!!!1
« on: September 22, 2023, 04:33:30 PM »
We've been pretty busy around here lately so a little weekend work was needed, I forgot something at the shop so I hey I'll just jump on the bike, quick trip and back...what i did was break one of my rules to riding motorcycles never wear shorts :-[ and I got this for my being lazy and not putting pants on.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2023, 09:04:47 AM by 3Deep »
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Feel the burn!!!!1
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2023, 05:23:32 PM »
That hurts just to look at.

And been there, done that, though not that bad...

Offline prozyan

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2023, 05:48:21 PM »
Ouch!  Sorry Daryl, keep it clean!
If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2023, 12:49:13 PM »
ouch!!!!
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2023, 12:24:29 PM »
I live 1.5 miles from my shop. I still put pants on for it and change into shorts after. I can not ride with only shorts on.

A few weeks ago I hit a guardrail on my adventure bike... I got lucky, just some bruising.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2023, 04:13:39 PM »
I don't ride, but I got one of those as a passenger about 50 years ago, damn that hurt!

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2023, 09:55:54 AM »
kissed the guardrail...

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2023, 10:35:04 AM »
3DEEP that is the exact same spot I had a 3rd degree burn. A pot belly stove lost both its legs on one side and fell on my calf pinning me to the ground, of course it was red hot and essentially cooked its way all the way to the muscle. I had a choice allograft (cadaver skin) or shave skin off my thigh for a graft. I chose the dead mans skin. It was the most excruciating pain ever when they went in and cleaned out all the debris from the burnt jeans. Lots of drugs but still felt it.
"No man is an island"

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2023, 12:42:16 PM »
3DEEP that is the exact same spot I had a 3rd degree burn. A pot belly stove lost both its legs on one side and fell on my calf pinning me to the ground, of course it was red hot and essentially cooked its way all the way to the muscle. I had a choice allograft (cadaver skin) or shave skin off my thigh for a graft. I chose the dead mans skin. It was the most excruciating pain ever when they went in and cleaned out all the debris from the burnt jeans. Lots of drugs but still felt it.

Can't say I was burn that bad but right now my calve is giving me the blues, it's healing and itching at the same time, standing around the press all day ain't helping none.

@Rob you need a good pair if shoes riding a bike motor or not, lucky you didn't get a bad cut from the guard rail.

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2023, 05:06:10 PM »
I was not wearing the flip flops....LOL

Offline Atownsend

• !!!
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2023, 08:15:23 PM »
First off, is the bike okay?

And second, would the pants have helped? Looks like you smashed it, yeeeez. Hopefully no breaks.

I ride a moto guzzi v11 to work when I can. With pants when I can, but sometimes I go running early and end up at work after.

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2023, 09:32:05 AM »
yea bike ok, not sure how..LOL

Yes I always wear pants.

The pics were from when I got home.

Happened 60 miles into a 200 mile ride.

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2023, 05:18:53 PM »
Not a motorcycle injury, and not to me, but my lead guy told me about an incident at the last place he worked here in town. I won't mention the name of the place, but it started with Adida. One of the idiots working on press stuck his arm between the pallets while the press was running. It was between a print head and a flash head. The machine indexed, broke his arm and pinned it between the flash and pallet. Said it was a compound fracture and burned to the bone. They shut the facility down for the day because it smelled so bad. I have no reason to doubt him, but I'm sure some will.
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2023, 04:49:14 AM »
Not a motorcycle injury, and not to me, but my lead guy told me about an incident at the last place he worked here in town. I won't mention the name of the place, but it started with Adida. One of the idiots working on press stuck his arm between the pallets while the press was running. It was between a print head and a flash head. The machine indexed, broke his arm and pinned it between the flash and pallet. Said it was a compound fracture and burned to the bone. They shut the facility down for the day because it smelled so bad. I have no reason to doubt him, but I'm sure some will.
Just thinking about that makes my arm hurt.  Ouch!!
It's not a job if you love doing it.

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2023, 09:18:12 AM »

That didn't sound good at all, but chit happens and you learn a lesson like I did LOL, burn is starting to heal, I can tell my age as something like this back in my younger days would not have slowed me down one step.