screen printing > 4 Color and Simulated Process Printing

4 color process w/ DC UB

<< < (2/5) > >>

Admiral:
I loved the couple of prints I did with a discharge UB + CMYK plastisol on top.  Unfortunately we just don't do much water based printing and it makes no sense to try to train that at the moment.

I do remember the red changing to orange (too much activator or too much ink going down was the problem if I remember correctly).  Funny how it changed the color of some inks!

Rockers:

--- Quote from: Admiral on November 10, 2023, 04:26:09 PM ---I loved the couple of prints I did with a discharge UB + CMYK plastisol on top.  Unfortunately we just don't do much water based printing and it makes no sense to try to train that at the moment.

I do remember the red changing to orange (too much activator or too much ink going down was the problem if I remember correctly).  Funny how it changed the color of some inks!

--- End quote ---
We recently did some 4 color process prints on black tees. Plastisol underbase was a fail. The DC underbase made the print look a lot better. But what made it look as good as a 4 color process on a white tee, if not better, was a Magna Colour Aquaflex white underbase. It looked a lot better then the same print using a DC underbase.

Rockers:

--- Quote from: tonypep on November 10, 2023, 12:29:47 PM --- Stampinator changing the game nicely.

--- End quote ---
How does the Stampinator change the game in terms of printing this particular job? I`m keen to learn as we are considering getting a similar product to the Stampinator, just from a different manufacturer.

tonypep:
OK I'll bite. Experimenting with pre-op and post op stampinator. The pre-op helps with stamping down fibers after flash. This can occur depending on the fabric and rheological properties of the DC/UB or a combination of both. That can be controlled in other ways, however the end goal is to minimize tinkering. Standard flashing can be finicky and a major mistake is to over flash. Depending on ink deposit/penetration over flashing can create steaming which result in the fabric prematurely releasing from the platen adhesive. Stamping down the fibers without achieving a full UB cure is the goal. The rest of the magic should occur in the dryer chamber. End result is a super smooth flat canvass on which to finish the print. Side note: since many of these are replicas from original paintings (non computer generated) I use Union Tru-tone process colors in order to achieve the widest range of hue and value.

screenxpress:

--- Quote from: bimmridder on November 10, 2023, 03:37:51 PM ---Tony is as old as I am. Cut us a break, man.  ;D  (at least I figured out how to put the smiley face thingy in)

--- End quote ---

LOL, well.......I'm pretty sure I have y'all beat in the old department.  Last August turned 79.  Printing these days is mostly for fun and hobby.  Did I actually say fun?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version