Author Topic: PrintGrip  (Read 8047 times)

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
Re: PrintGrip
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2023, 07:59:47 PM »
So keep in mind we only print HSA/WB/DC, and the way this was sold to me is that one of the big guys, paramount maybe did a 70kpc run for NIKE with HSA, and it last the entire time.

I don't know if we've done that many units, but we've been on the same set since Feb.

Our second press had it added in August.

Ive been really impressed with how long it lasts, and doesn't seem to have the same off gassing issues as watebased glue.
Can I ask what pallet size you are on? I noticed the print grip sheets are very limited in size. In order to cover one pallet from front to back we would need one and a half sheets. It seems the print grip sheets are designed for standard M&R size pallets.

i believe we run them on16x24" pallets. there is about 2" of space on the top and bottom of the pallet. the reason we haven't swapped our third press, is because our third press runs a digital machine, and we want the pallet surface to be uniform. Print Grip won't make the sheets longer. we've asked.
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline Zelko-4-EVA

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2023, 01:41:16 PM »
So keep in mind we only print HSA/WB/DC, and the way this was sold to me is that one of the big guys, paramount maybe did a 70kpc run for NIKE with HSA, and it last the entire time.

I don't know if we've done that many units, but we've been on the same set since Feb.

Our second press had it added in August.

Ive been really impressed with how long it lasts, and doesn't seem to have the same off gassing issues as watebased glue.
Can I ask what pallet size you are on? I noticed the print grip sheets are very limited in size. In order to cover one pallet from front to back we would need one and a half sheets. It seems the print grip sheets are designed for standard M&R size pallets.

i believe we run them on16x24" pallets. there is about 2" of space on the top and bottom of the pallet. the reason we haven't swapped our third press, is because our third press runs a digital machine, and we want the pallet surface to be uniform. Print Grip won't make the sheets longer. we've asked.

i see that they have three different levels of tack  - "Medium White, High Tack Yellow, and Super High Tack Black"  - which one did you find worked the best for you?   

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2023, 01:47:42 PM »
We've only used the yellow, and works GREAT!
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline Admiral

« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2024, 12:14:46 PM »
The PrintGrip failed us on our 12C press.  It was great for the first 2-3 days then we got less and less out of it, even with cleaning it and scrubbing it well.  After 2 weeks we called it quits and plan on using spreadable water based / spray tack as needed (fleece). 

I think it would be great in lower production shops / on manual presses but doesn't last long enough to justify itself.  Maybe that Saati cleaner works better than what we were doing but it seemed like new after our cleanings but was only lasting about 400 shirts until needed the cleaning again.  It started at lasting for 1000 shirts though. 

Offline cclaud3

« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2024, 02:01:42 PM »
We've been using yellow for a couple of months and like it. We only use water and tile sponge to scrub clean. If it's completely lint-less it's too strong so we keep a small layer of lint on the platens. Our best method so far is ROQ iron and flashes if necessary to keep it tacky. We do hundreds of prints at time without scubbing.

Offline Admiral

« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2024, 03:31:41 PM »
We've been using yellow for a couple of months and like it. We only use water and tile sponge to scrub clean. If it's completely lint-less it's too strong so we keep a small layer of lint on the platens. Our best method so far is ROQ iron and flashes if necessary to keep it tacky. We do hundreds of prints at time without scubbing.

How many prints a day? how many platens on the press?

We tried the yellow.

Offline cclaud3

« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2024, 03:38:42 PM »
14 stations. 1000-1500 daily prints of high-color count water based. Was using roll-on water-based tack for years and find this easier so far. I factored in annual replacements based on what I was read.

For the first few weeks we used baby powder in an old t-shirt (cornstarch is much cheaper btw) to de-tac the grip. Quicker to leave a little lint on.