screen printing > Equipment

PrintGrip

<< < (2/5) > >>

Frog:

--- Quote from: 3Deep on November 16, 2023, 09:43:08 AM ---
--- Quote from: Homer on November 16, 2023, 09:30:09 AM ---interesting. I just ordered the sample pack..... I remember a film / top coat paper material that was like teeth / velcro for hoodies, I don't know what ever happened to that. If there's a better way to go, I'm all for it.

--- End quote ---

If you find out what that was and if it's still on the market for hoodies let me know, I hate printing hoodies because I have to use that web tack spray, the glue just won't hold then in place well enough.

--- End quote ---

Back when they were newish, I tried them. They weren't a film, but rather thin sheet metal or rigid plastic. Had three for adult boards and three for youth. I seem to remember them working better on some pieces than others, and I quit using them. Jennings marketed them, but I think that I may have gotten them from the manufacturer. I'll dig them out and see what details I can ascertain.

Sbrem:
We tried one, but no one liked it very much and went back to the old way.

Steve

ericheartsu:
we've been using this for 6 to 8 months. We have 2 of our 3 presses running it. We absolutely love it. It lasts much longer than traditional wb adhesive.

It can accept spray tack/web for fleece, and can be cleaned off.

We've also found that if you using something like Saati's IR26 with water, the solvents make the print grip EVEN tackier.

we do struggle with highly linty shirts like pigment dyed shirts, needing to be scrubbed more frequently.

whitewater:
I tried the ones that Jennings had also years ago.. didn't like it.  But could be different than 10-12 years ago.

Zelko-4-EVA:

--- Quote from: ericheartsu on November 16, 2023, 11:38:13 AM ---we've been using this for 6 to 8 months. We have 2 of our 3 presses running it. We absolutely love it. It lasts much longer than traditional wb adhesive.

It can accept spray tack/web for fleece, and can be cleaned off.

We've also found that if you using something like Saati's IR26 with water, the solvents make the print grip EVEN tackier.

we do struggle with highly linty shirts like pigment dyed shirts, needing to be scrubbed more frequently.

--- End quote ---

youve been using the printgrip material with spray tack?

in either case, how long does the printgrip last before you have to put a new set of printgrip back on?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version