Author Topic: Winter storage?  (Read 6458 times)

Offline T Shirt1

• !!!
Re: Winter storage?
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2023, 12:02:47 PM »
We have an ink room with its own air vent and exhaust fan. Inks stay there and ink carts go in at the end of the day. Stays a little warmer than the shop floor.
steve

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2023, 09:50:29 AM »
You guys have me thinking now, how COLD is it getting by the inks that you are getting concerned? We let it drop to 50 on the weekends and nights in the winter inside here on the printing side. Offices and embroidery stays warmer. Our last building the inks would get even colder as they were on a outside wall. I never really thought about this, probably because our plastisol hardly ever gets touched, but you guys have me wondering how cold your shops are getting that this is a issue...
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2023, 10:37:38 AM »
You guys have me thinking now, how COLD is it getting by the inks that you are getting concerned? We let it drop to 50 on the weekends and nights in the winter inside here on the printing side. Offices and embroidery stays warmer. Our last building the inks would get even colder as they were on a outside wall. I never really thought about this, probably because our plastisol hardly ever gets touched, but you guys have me wondering how cold your shops are getting that this is a issue...

we struggle to stay at 62 in the shop Dec-March. ink room is about 65-68. To me it's still cold, my office is 65 and i'm still shaking like a fat kid in a dodgeball line.
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2023, 11:05:20 AM »
My office is at 72-73 and im still cold.

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2023, 12:02:36 PM »
Jesus ;D ;D ;D

I would DIE if my office was 73! In the summer 105 heat index our print floor doesn't go over 74 even with the flashes and both dryers! In the winter during the day the whole shop stays between 69-71. We have furnaces to warm it up, but eventually for a few months the flashes and dryers kinda do the heating.

Here this whole time you guys had me starting to consider lowering the overnight and weekend temps!  ;D
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2023, 09:57:47 AM »
HAHA.. on our shop floor we have to garage doors we keep open in the summer and nicer months. So whatever it is outside is inside. My office has AC.. and im at 68 for that..LOL

Yes im def soft.

But for years my office was in back and I just sat at the desk sweating like HOMER sweats.

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2023, 10:31:59 AM »
Temp in the shop area is 61 to 63 this morning the front office part is 68, getting my inks off the floor I think will help, but having an ink room just for inks would be nice ;D
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!