screen printing > Screen Making

Winter storage?

<< < (2/5) > >>

3Deep:
Some bigger shelves might not be a bad idea to get some of gallons of inks off the floor, and a heated box also sounds like a good idea, these morning the white inks where stiff as all get out.

tonypep:
My friends at Kerusso in Arkansas use restaurant heat lamps to warm up the white inks pre production and keep them warm throughout harsh winter days (not overnight!)

farmboygraphics:

--- Quote from: tonypep on December 01, 2023, 05:30:13 AM ---My friends at Kerusso in Arkansas use restaurant heat lamps to warm up the white inks pre production and keep them warm throughout harsh winter days (not overnight!)

--- End quote ---

Food related items to avoid...Crockpots.
Seemed like a good idea if I used the warm setting. Not so much, cured about an inch worth of ink all the way around the inside.
Yeah, I dumped a gallon of white right in. Doing a water bath might have been the better move.

whitewater:
It's at 50 degrees all night back there. We use one stroke, no one has complained about it being too stiff or hard to use. Maybe just keeping off the floor is all ya need.

3Deep:

--- Quote from: whitewater on December 01, 2023, 12:19:52 PM ---It's at 50 degrees all night back there. We use one stroke, no one has complained about it being too stiff or hard to use. Maybe just keeping off the floor is all ya need.

--- End quote ---

You could be right, but I do need to more shelf space or throw out some old inks LOL

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version