screen printing > Ink and Chemicals

keeping clean

<< < (3/3)

inkman996:
I have seen shops that some how got ink on the ceilings, and I have seen busy shops and still be spotless. We are very clean here, none of our buckets look like that at all. Like said before it is technique and patience and you can get through the day with out making a mess.

I have s simple rule here, if you get a drop of ink on anything (the press, tables, the floor, any piece of equipment? you wipe it up ASAP period. That keeps things clean 90% of the time. We also take time every couple of weeks to  wipe the press clean of any ink, clean the dust out of the motors etc.

Oh yea and no gloves period. Only for when using chemicals in the sink.

Evo:
Stainless cake spatulas. Keep them wiped clean and racked on a magnet strip. Keep the scrapers and knives OUT of the buckets, it just invites chaos.

Homer:

--- Quote from: Evo on December 08, 2023, 02:18:22 PM ---Stainless cake spatulas. Keep them wiped clean and racked on a magnet strip. Keep the scrapers and knives OUT of the buckets, it just invites chaos.

--- End quote ---

webstaurantstore is great for these, mixing containers too

https://www.webstaurantstore.com/choice-8-blade-straight-baking-icing-spatula-with-wood-handle/4078SICNSWD.html

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version