screen printing > Waterbase and Discharge

Waterbase flukes

(1/6) > >>

cclaud3:
We are 100% waterbased for the last 5 years out of 14 years. This is not day 1 problems.

We are getting dark spots in SOME of the ink colors on SOME of the discharge orders.
Some shirts print normal then go back to varying degrees on the images attached. Multiple orders exhibiting this.

The yellow/red images are from a 7 color print where it's only visible in the yellow ink. The other 6 inks are fine.

Mostly showing on Black Bella Canvas 3001. We try to mix in other test shirts while issue is happening but it's hard to determine if it's the shirt, ink or activator since the problem comes and goes.

Using clean mixing vessels, clean squeegees, nothing showing in the screens.

It's got to be the shirts right? Both of these images are on Bella 3001 Black ordered from different suppliers over a month apart.

Admiral:
Do you have someone misting the ink in the screen? To me it looks like the mist could have been done without the ink there or wasn't fine enough.  This should be more obvious if it is happening though so it's probably not that...

futurecolors:
This happened to us a long time ago and never really found the source of the problem. Couple things of note:

The problem usually was with a color that was flashed so if its really bad modify your print order.

We solved it before by changing pallet paper and having fresh glue.

Have not seen this problem in a while but also we do less discharge printing now.

Hopefully this helps!

3Deep:
We've had this problem before, and I thought it was due to not enough penetration of the ink into the shirt, also ink not mixed very good on our part, and I've heard that some black shirts are really not true blacks but over dye of another colour which cause's a bad discharge.

cclaud3:
Thanks for the replies.

No one is misting the ink. We changed to print grip from regular platen tape last week-this issue happened before and after changing over.

We mix with a gyroscopic mixer for 3 minutes then scrape the lid with a card then mix with silicone spatulas to make sure it's 100%. then add activator, sit for at least 20 mins then go. We mix 10-25 batch of ink per day.

Plenty of pressure, 70/90/70 or 62/90/62 squeegees.

Activator supplier says no one has complained of issues.
Ink supplier says no one has complained of issues.
Shirt supplier says no one has complained of issues.
Mill supplier for Bella says no one has complained of issues.
Press tech says no way for press to leak any fluid in that area. I thought maybe that could be an outside possibility.

I just sent someone to pickup replacements in next level 3600. We will run these with the same screens & batches of ink to verify if it's a garment problem or not.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version