screen printing > Equipment

M&R Parts Availability. Not impressed.

(1/5) > >>

GraphicDisorder:
Bit of a rant.

Gas Valve for our Sprint 3000 is jacked up so the machine is loosing heat a few times a day, we are basically having to babysit the machine. The dryer is 10 years old this month, it doesn't owe me anything. BUT id like to be able to fix it. So its a $1500 valve. Can source it online cheaper, but decided to pay the M&R Tax and buy it direct. Paid for next day air. This was Friday 8:39am Chicago time. It didn't ship. Monday comes, didn't ship, late in the day I get a email 5:32pm our time, "part is on backorder until March 29th".  This is a machine they still build, I assume pretty similar to how it was built when we got ours. Was similar situation when our LED panel went out on our Starlight.

Zelko-4-EVA:
they were doing inventory last week - that might account for some of the lost time.

try calling Tony Pernicello at CGS - he has a lot of parts, possibly one for your machine.

http://www.screenprintsource.com/

Admiral:
I replaced the modulator on our Sprint 2000 years ago, pretty sure I sourced it elsewhere.  Sorry M&R but your parts are way overpriced...I would be fine if they were 50% over other places but they are often 3x the price of other stores online.   I still buy plenty from them but I compare first. 

That's unfortunate that they didn't communicate that sooner.  Our issue was it would stick a bit and overshoot and overcorrect early after start up then settle and work okay, so it wasn't a rush replacement.

GraphicDisorder:

--- Quote from: Admiral on January 09, 2024, 01:25:27 PM ---I replaced the modulator on our Sprint 2000 years ago, pretty sure I sourced it elsewhere.  Sorry M&R but your parts are way overpriced...I would be fine if they were 50% over other places but they are often 3x the price of other stores online.   I still buy plenty from them but I compare first. 

That's unfortunate that they didn't communicate that sooner.  Our issue was it would stick a bit and overshoot and overcorrect early after start up then settle and work okay, so it wasn't a rush replacement.

--- End quote ---

Ours loses heat, starts the shut down process on its own, so you have to restart it. Which takes a few.

I found the valve for $300-500 range elsewhere, but still paid the M&R price, $1500.

Evo:

--- Quote from: Admiral on January 09, 2024, 01:25:27 PM ---I replaced the modulator on our Sprint 2000 years ago...

--- End quote ---

So that would mean the warranty had expired in 22 A.D...not bad!

But seriously yeah, M&R off the shelf parts can be had sometimes at 5X cheaper, or even less, and quicker, and cheaper shipping.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version