screen printing > Equipment

M&R Parts Availability. Not impressed.

<< < (2/5) > >>

ebscreen:
It could be the shortage of microcontrollers during the pandemic that is still being worked through.
There's tales of companies purchasing appliances and toys that contained the chips they needed to complete
their own products.

It could also be that a private equity firm is now in control of a once successful business and is able to source
the part at $10 less but they have to wait two months and piss off their client base.

If another vendor actually has the part in stock...

GraphicDisorder:

--- Quote from: ebscreen on January 09, 2024, 02:52:13 PM ---It could be the shortage of microcontrollers during the pandemic that is still being worked through.
There's tales of companies purchasing appliances and toys that contained the chips they needed to complete
their own products.

It could also be that a private equity firm is now in control of a once successful business and is able to source
the part at $10 less but they have to wait two months and piss off their client base.

If another vendor actually has the part in stock...

--- End quote ---

I have heard some stories as well and I get that M&R in cases have tried to do whatever to get it solved.

I also believe part of it is how its ran now. This all can't be supply chain. Some of its poor planning/tying up funds in other areas...like digital.

If we needed a part in Rich's time, we never waited, it shipped same day...every time.

I bought M&R for the service and parts support. I told them when Rich left id be there till that changed. Are we already there? Feels like maybe. Which honestly is sad. Really sad.

mk162:
Stuff like this is why you bought the equipment...because it will break, but getting it back up quickly is the name of the game.  This can kill a company, especially at a time when there are some really good competitors out there.

GraphicDisorder:

--- Quote from: mk162 on January 09, 2024, 03:34:15 PM ---Stuff like this is why you bought the equipment...because it will break, but getting it back up quickly is the name of the game.  This can kill a company, especially at a time when there are some really good competitors out there.

--- End quote ---

Yes you are right. I bought M&R because of Rich first and foremost, straight up guy. Knew he was going to have what we needed when we needed. There are great people still at M&R, its not a slight to them on this post. I don't even want to make this post but im frustrated.

The parts department I replied to their email this am before they even opened, I have no reply yet. I sent my Sales guy a message he said he'd dig in and see what's up or down and I know he will but so far not heard back.

3Deep:
You have to remember Rich was a mechanic before he bought all shares of M&R and he ran the company that way "Service" really good service after the sale, the guys there now are like the parts salesman at a counter looking on there computer....Anatol is getting like that again and all of them are over priced on parts.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version