Author Topic: How to print information on static frames?  (Read 9025 times)

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: How to print information on static frames?
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2024, 10:08:08 AM »
The trick is to print multiple at the same time separated by a space and then cut them apart manually.  It's an added step, but it always spits out an extra inch or so on either side and I end up trimming it down anyway.

I buy the knockoffs online and save a ton.

Offline 1964GN

« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2024, 05:38:17 AM »
We are using a Brother P-Touch 700 label printer. They hold up extremely well.

Ah...the Brothers. Don't get me wrong the labels are awesome, especially the outdoor UV resistant labels.

But...

Me: "Here is 2" of text."

Labeler: "OK! Here is at least 5" of label! You have no options to reduce the label usage!"

The one we have auto cuts. Tell it how many you want and and it print/cuts until done with out the waste. We also buy the cassettes 3rd party and they are a fraction of the cost.

Offline Maxie

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2024, 04:25:37 AM »
I keep a record of how many screens I coat and have this on a Excel that I total monthly.
This tells me how many screens I used, I list according to mesh count so I know how many of each mesh count I used and so also know what proportion per mesh to stretch.
It also tells me how many screens we cleaned per month.
Maxie Garb.
T Max Designs.
Silk Screen Printers
www.tmax.co.il

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2024, 12:25:06 AM »
I keep a record of how many screens I coat and have this on a Excel that I total monthly.
This tells me how many screens I used, I list according to mesh count so I know how many of each mesh count I used and so also know what proportion per mesh to stretch.
What stretcher do you use?  We might go back to stretching our screens in-house again.

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2024, 12:49:31 PM »

We do the same but sort of in reverse. When we spec out a print (colors/order/meshes) our db keeps track of what meshes
are used day/week/month etc. It also allows forecasting for the screen room in terms of what we'll need for the next day/week, but I stopped
displaying that info in there as I noticed what was being reclaimed was suspiciously close to what we needed.

Offline CBCB

• !!!
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2024, 07:29:12 PM »
It also allows forecasting for the screen room in terms of what we'll need for the next day/week, but I stopped
displaying that info in there as I noticed what was being reclaimed was suspiciously close to what we needed.

Haha, but that seems great! Why reclaim a screen you don’t need? I would love to reclaim exactly what we need plus a minimum quantity of each for emergencies and rush orders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2024, 12:15:11 PM »
Haha, but that seems great! Why reclaim a screen you don’t need? I would love to reclaim exactly what we need plus a minimum quantity of each for emergencies and rush orders.

That was sort of the idea but "plus a minimum quantity" was the problem. Need to re-shoot the 8 color using all 305's?
Screens are half of the name of what we do, they should always be aplenty.

Offline CBCB

• !!!
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2024, 02:41:59 PM »
Yes I realized our inventory can’t exactly match what we use and 305 is a good example! But it’s an outlier. You do need a minimum amount of inventory but that doesn’t mean there is not a point of excess.

I try to remind myself that inventory isn’t the enemy - it’s Excess Inventory. We’re in trouble anytime we make more of something than what the customer needs. I agree we need plenty of them, but where is the bottleneck?

I want to shoot them as fast as possible from when they are paid for. And I think I want them ready for reclaim instead of ready for exposure. Screens do go bad once coated. Eventually. But they get harder to reclaim the longer they say as well you could argue.

So we can’t get rid of that bottleneck, but I often think about where it’s going to be. I’m leaning towards having them ready for reclaim.

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2024, 03:47:07 PM »
The fun thing about bottlenecks is, you will ALWAYS have one somewhere.
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline Maxie

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2024, 01:19:54 AM »

What stretcher do you use?  We might go back to stretching our screens in-house again.
[/quote]

I built one a long time ago, pneumatic and it works well.    You can buy them on Ali express.     If you want I can send you photographs and some technical info.
Maxie Garb.
T Max Designs.
Silk Screen Printers
www.tmax.co.il

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2024, 11:40:52 AM »
Yes I realized our inventory can’t exactly match what we use and 305 is a good example! But it’s an outlier. You do need a minimum amount of inventory but that doesn’t mean there is not a point of excess.

I try to remind myself that inventory isn’t the enemy - it’s Excess Inventory. We’re in trouble anytime we make more of something than what the customer needs. I agree we need plenty of them, but where is the bottleneck?

I want to shoot them as fast as possible from when they are paid for. And I think I want them ready for reclaim instead of ready for exposure. Screens do go bad once coated. Eventually. But they get harder to reclaim the longer they say as well you could argue.

So we can’t get rid of that bottleneck, but I often think about where it’s going to be. I’m leaning towards having them ready for reclaim.

We use a diazo based emulsion that supposedly has the shortest coated shelf life of them all, but in the 15 years we've been using it the only time we've had a screen be certifiably
too old has been some oddball 30 or 60 meshes. We now store those as fully reclaimed/ready to coat, which is what I would aim at if we weren't going the full way.

Offline CBCB

• !!!
« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2024, 03:34:08 PM »
The fun thing about bottlenecks is, you will ALWAYS have one somewhere.
The Goal is to put them in the right spots!