General > Industry shows

Any new exciting things at Long Beach this year?

<< < (2/2)

Admiral:
I did get a set of the printGrip polymer gel adhesive to try on a main set of platens.  Hoping that won't take extra time and it will likely save 60-75% of tack costs per year.  We'll see what the pros and cons are soon.

Stampinator seems great, I am curious if it's fast enough for our presses and doesn't have a downside (like causing defects due to messing up the underbase).  Jeffrey did assure me there is no "squish out".  I may wait another year to move on this.  We do have roll screens after flashes when needed.

I did see the M&R vision and that is still in development but maybe out next year? We were working with a company on that to try to make the system ourselves for a bit a couple of years ago, project was paused though.  That + the Passport take off would be great savings, but I think the presses would have to be moved a bit to account for it.

Coloreel for embroidery was really neat, we have a use case for it but probably not enough to get it now.  Maybe next year or the year after though.

blue moon:

--- Quote from: Admiral on January 29, 2024, 04:34:57 PM ---I did get a set of the printGrip polymer gel adhesive to try on a main set of platens.  Hoping that won't take extra time and it will likely save 60-75% of tack costs per year.  We'll see what the pros and cons are soon.

Stampinator seems great, I am curious if it's fast enough for our presses and doesn't have a downside (like causing defects due to messing up the underbase).  Jeffrey did assure me there is no "squish out".  I may wait another year to move on this.  We do have roll screens after flashes when needed.

I did see the M&R vision and that is still in development but maybe out next year? We were working with a company on that to try to make the system ourselves for a bit a couple of years ago, project was paused though.  That + the Passport take off would be great savings, but I think the presses would have to be moved a bit to account for it.

Coloreel for embroidery was really neat, we have a use case for it but probably not enough to get it now.  Maybe next year or the year after though.

--- End quote ---

I wonder if we could get few ppl to chip in and have our own version made? Any idea if M&R will sell to everybody?

pierre

rusty:
Whats the M&R vision?

ericheartsu:

--- Quote from: blue moon on January 29, 2024, 10:47:55 PM ---
--- Quote from: Admiral on January 29, 2024, 04:34:57 PM ---I did get a set of the printGrip polymer gel adhesive to try on a main set of platens.  Hoping that won't take extra time and it will likely save 60-75% of tack costs per year.  We'll see what the pros and cons are soon.

--- End quote ---

I wonder if we could get few ppl to chip in and have our own version made? Any idea if M&R will sell to everybody?

pierre

--- End quote ---

was told the M&R system was being developed for any press.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version