Author Topic: Mr. Frog please help with Epson ET-15000  (Read 257 times)

Offline Grape Ape

• Verified/Junior
Mr. Frog please help with Epson ET-15000
« on: May 22, 2024, 01:29:18 PM »
Hi Mr. Frog read in post you have this printer setup for art films. I am running the old R1800 with no rip been doing so since 08. I purchased the ET-15000 and tried it with no rip and transparency film with no luck. The printer starts to print and then stops not being able to see the transparency. Also doing the tricks online with backing with white paper works but pain in ass and is not dark enough on black. Any help with how you are setup to use this printer is greatly appreciated. I do limited work and do not see need for 3K film printer. Thanks

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: Mr. Frog please help with Epson ET-15000
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2024, 02:18:01 PM »
Wow. I have had no problem with the printer "seeing" the film that I can recall. I hardly shoot any film any more, but here's a shot of my settings that I established in Preferences.
I'm feeding from the back tray.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2024, 02:25:33 PM »
I just ran one to make sure that I gave you correct information, and it worked fine!

Offline OhNoPrinting

• Verified/Junior
  • I’m new here, be gentle. :) Lets help each other out!
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2024, 05:45:02 PM »
I also print on an Epson (alas 3800) and always wonder if the color setting in the print driver (you use black/grey) would make a difference. I imagine if it would use black but mix a bit of cyan inside, it might be more dense? in a test print, I couldn´t really see a difference on the film judging by eye sight..

I could see a difference when I printed a vector in "rich black" vs 100%k black.

Offline Grape Ape

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #4 on: Yesterday at 09:10:09 AM »
Thanks for information what program are you using to print from? The print window is different from mine. I use Corel and did try from PDF viewer just to see. My thought was to mimic your setup from print window then work out bugs with Corel selections later. Your help is much appreciated.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #5 on: Yesterday at 11:00:45 AM »
Thanks for information what program are you using to print from? The print window is different from mine. I use Corel and did try from PDF viewer just to see. My thought was to mimic your setup from print window then work out bugs with Corel selections later. Your help is much appreciated.

CorelDRAW X6

Offline Grape Ape

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #6 on: Yesterday at 11:36:32 AM »
Well hell I'm on X18 and have the ransom version (Subscription) on another computer. My print window defaults to my old one from R1800 minus lots of options under the ET15000 annoying at best. Will try web search on how to maybe get different print window. If that don't work will bug you some more. Thanks again.

Offline Grape Ape

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #7 on: Yesterday at 11:38:27 AM »
Are you using RIP on yours????

Offline Grape Ape

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #8 on: Yesterday at 11:57:50 AM »
Just checked the ET15000 manual and shows same print window you have but mine is not. So now will try and figure that part out.
Let me know about RIP though. Thanks

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #9 on: Yesterday at 12:29:25 PM »
Just checked the ET15000 manual and shows same print window you have but mine is not. So now will try and figure that part out.
Let me know about RIP though. Thanks

I use no RIP.  In fact, as I mentioned, I hardly ever even make films as I have someone else handle most screen printing for me nowadays.

Online blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #10 on: Yesterday at 01:16:14 PM »
there are two types of film. one is is matt and sorta milky while the other one is clear. The matt type is called waterproof and it's what probably should be used.
What are you using? Thinking is that if you are using clear that would explain the problems printer is having with recognizing the film...
pj
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #11 on: Yesterday at 01:34:27 PM »
there are two types of film. one is is matt and sorta milky while the other one is clear. The matt type is called waterproof and it's what probably should be used.
What are you using? Thinking is that if you are using clear that would explain the problems printer is having with recognizing the film...
pj

Good point. Since I have always used pigment inks, I have also always used the "frosty" film.

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #12 on: Today at 01:02:59 AM »
I'll be interested in hearing the solution here.  I've always thought paper loading (or failure) was a physical action, not an optical one of "seeing" a successful load vs. a "trigger" sensor switch indication.  Color me curious. 
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers