screen printing > Newbie

Discharge ink ->more ink or more heat?

<< < (5/5)

tonypep:
Not much help here perhaps but, when working with the (now discontinued) Rutland ZFS systems extensively all day every day, we actually activated the inks immediately before printing. No flashing and down the gas dryer 330 degrees normal retention time with no issues for many years.

Rockers:

--- Quote from: OhNoPrinting on April 09, 2024, 05:55:01 AM ---you are totally right that sending the shirts multiple times through the tunnel is less than ideal. but i will do one more test, where i mix the ink, let it sit for 12 hours /print+tunnel/ and then see if i get the left result which is more than ok in terms of brightness. Its just the waiting time of the ink which makes me wonder if i miss something else. (Like with waterbased white: tried to follow the manual, but.. cracking, so clearly my process is not optimized :-)

--- End quote ---
I can`t really imagine that letting the ink sit for longer will get you a better result. In many cases  the inks won`t discharge very well at all after 8 hours. can I get a link to the product page? Same for the waterbase white.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version