screen printing > Newbie

Discharge ink ->more ink or more heat?

<< < (2/5) > >>

ebscreen:
What Pierre said. Also, you want the ink to be driven into the shirt.
Technique and additives (penetrant etc and/or water depending) will help.

I always had a difficult time getting good saturation when printing wb manually.
Need to eat more Wheaties.

Evo:

--- Quote from: ebscreen on March 14, 2024, 02:07:40 PM ---

I always had a difficult time getting good saturation when printing wb manually.
Need to eat more Wheaties.

--- End quote ---

High tension screen. Get the open area as wide open as possible. Low off contact. Shear a thin flood forward then drive the ink in there on the print stroke.

It helps if you weigh north of 200 lbs lol.

Frog:
On the subject of manual printing.
Are you a puller or a pusher?
I pulled for fifteen or more years before I became a push convert. Really helped clear the screen.

ebscreen:
Pusher, but I did quickly notice that the better manual printers have some gravity behind them.

Evo:

--- Quote from: Frog on March 14, 2024, 05:17:42 PM ---On the subject of manual printing.
Are you a puller or a pusher?
I pulled for fifteen or more years before I became a push convert. Really helped clear the screen.

--- End quote ---

I pull print. Generously thin the ink (keep it wet!) and do a push flood, NEVER a pull flood unless you are walking away from the press for a minute. Sharp angle. Shear the ink to a very thin layer, just enough to fill the image at EOM thickness. Keep your screens tight and off contact as low as possible. Print strokes are WAY easier this way and the screen clears completely.

With thick floods you are fighting a pile of ink on the print stroke and risking smeared details.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version