Artist > General Art Discussions

Artist skills being taken out?

<< < (5/5)

Atownsend:

--- Quote from: ebscreen on April 05, 2024, 02:31:24 PM ---
--- Quote from: Atownsend on April 02, 2024, 12:23:58 PM --- The output is unique, but the reference materials are in the public domain I’d imagine.

--- End quote ---

The output is unique, but the reference materials are searchable by Google I’d imagine.

FTFY

--- End quote ---

I cant find stupid memes that I remember from just a couple years ago, so im not sure how likely that is when the dataset is so large. Maybe I just suck at search.

I dont see how its much different that how a human artist operates. Very little in this world is actually original. All of the artists I've have worked with in the past have their process. One guy I worked with would go to Walmart, pose some action figures how and then redraw them adding fonts and text styles. Theres almost always a reference image involved. Fact is most designers I come across can't or wont produce high quality photo realistic graphics. Most don't have the skillset, and so this fills a lot of the gap. There are exceptions, no doubt. Brant has a killer art dept. and I dont think this is is really competitive with that. Its still clipart vs hand drawn.

With that being said we're still putting in a lot of work, and this particular design and print is going to be much different than the original output from AI. Its not as simple as copy / paste. Its just a tool in the toolbox, you still need to be very proficient in the raster / vector programs. I don't that its taking away the artists skill as much as its allowing lesser skilled or talented people to come up a bit. We can disagree, but I think its a really cool tool thats only going to continue to advance.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version