Author Topic: Matsui Mixing Software  (Read 1212 times)

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Matsui Mixing Software
« on: March 20, 2024, 06:25:23 PM »
I have always found Matsui to be a bit of a mind bender. First in navigating their products (seems to have gotten better)
but now in their online mixing software. Matsui as a company just has such a different idea of logical organization than I.

At any rate, does anyone know how to access the "named" Pantones in their mixing software? IE Red 032.

In Adobe products, if you are looking for them in the swatches and the wrong ones keep popping up, type "pantone" and then the number/name.

Offline Orion

• !!!
  • Ain't no shortcuts in screen printing.
Re: Matsui Mixing Software
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2024, 08:02:31 AM »
Some of the named colors do come up. You can try to reach out to matthew@matsui-color.com or jesse@matsui-color.com for an answer.
Dale Hoyal

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2024, 12:25:46 PM »
If it helps, all matsui colors are based off prints going through 110 screens, on white tees.
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline CBCB

• !!!
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2024, 10:54:33 AM »
It’s a nightmare and I’m sure some shop will come in here to defend it.

To make things more complex they have a formula list that is different from the site.

There is no mixing company that mixes all the Pantone colours for you. They rely on us to report issues and then update the software with the new formula.

Problem is some companies never update the software. They just let us make the same mistakes and the same colours over and over again.

I offered to connect their Google spreadsheet to an online calculator, and they ignored me.

The reality is that this isn’t the first company in our industry to ignore a solution. Some big shop they give special treatment to will show up here and say all the mixing systems suck and there’s too many variables to have a mixing system work for waterbased.

Offline CBCB

• !!!
Matsui Mixing Software
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2024, 10:56:08 AM »
If it helps, all matsui colors are based off prints going through 110 screens, on white tees.
It would help if the ink company said this or showed what the ideal base on a dark shirt looks like.

Who prints a light shirts with a 110? It’s asinine.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2024, 07:19:04 AM by CBCB »

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2024, 08:20:44 PM »
at this point why are you still confused when people don't want your help? What good are you actively putting into our industry aside from just whining that no one wants your help?

As usual, your total lack of understanding about anything is shown by the messages you constantly put out.
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline CBCB

• !!!
Matsui Mixing Software
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2024, 08:29:21 PM »
at this point why are you still confused when people don't want your help? What good are you actively putting into our industry aside from just whining that no one wants your help?

As usual, your total lack of understanding about anything is shown by the messages you constantly put out.
That’s rich coming from a guy who just posted a 5+ min rant about how upset you are to be held accountable as a shitty employer.

I wasn’t confused until your post. I was pointing out that Matsui has solutions in front of them and ignores them. It doesn’t have to be me taking an hour to fix it for everyone. I thought it was just because they don’t give a crap, like I stated. Are you saying there’s more to it? Jesse was nothing but nice to me in person recently!

I’m aware that a lot of people in our industry think an idea is only good if it comes from their buddy. No confusion there. Pointing it out helps others see how others operate, but that’s not what I meant here.

Most companies in our industry are satisfied to settle with their current level of service.

You don’t see my “messaging”, you have me blocked on everything lol.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2024, 08:34:55 PM by CBCB »