Heat Seal - Heat Press - Whatever you want to call it! > General Heat Seal

tape for heat pressing patches

(1/2) > >>

spencer_L&KC:
hello, I know there is a special type of tape used for DTF and sublimation, called transfer tape, but is that necessary for adhering embroidered and screen printed patches to garments? I ask because I have used my GeoKnight DK20S to press screen printed patches on fleece and a standard iron for some hats, and all I used was regular ol blue painters tape and had zero problems. no discoloring and no adhesive left behind after some lengthy presses of about 18-20 seconds (forgot the heat setting though, its been a min).

so I was wondering if others here used their presses for patch applications and what tape they were using to keep the patches in place for pressing. any input is welcome.

thanks for reading!

Sbrem:
Transfer Express, and I'm sure others, sell a blue tape that is heat resistant, especially for this purpose.

Steve

spencer_L&KC:

--- Quote from: Sbrem on April 04, 2024, 03:50:39 PM ---Transfer Express, and I'm sure others, sell a blue tape that is heat resistant, especially for this purpose.

Steve

--- End quote ---

thanks for the reply! yeah I know the transfer tapes are available in brown/orange and green/blue, but I am curious if others have found anything that works as well. maybe something cheaper. thanks again.

Frog:
I got good heat tape at cheaper prices online from Temu.
Remember, it has been advised to not install and use the Temu app on the phone.
But also, take a little time and figure just how much it adds to the actual job. It's probably pennies, that you can absorb into your total cost and figure into your price easily.
Don't become "penny wise and pound foolish". It will eventually bite you in the butt.

Oh, and I don't think it's called transfer tape, as that's what's used to apply vinyl graphics. Just look for heat tape.

ebscreen:
I could be wrong but I think it's Kapton tape used in electronics.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version