Author Topic: Waterbase Paint and a Dryer  (Read 636 times)

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Waterbase Paint and a Dryer
« on: June 06, 2024, 01:36:56 AM »
Curious

I'm doing some remodeling and painting kitchen cabinet doors, etc. and the primer is taking over a couple days to be durable enough to paint with an oil base top coat. 

Has anyone here run painted objects (doors) like that though a screen print dryer?  Econored dryer here.

Or am I just looking for trouble?
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Waterbase Paint and a Dryer
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2024, 12:08:03 PM »
The majority of painting I've done always warned against force drying bottom coats. Trapped solvent can lead to top
coat problems. I could also see that kind of temp change warping the eff out of a door.

That said, heat lamps seem to be popular in auto body places, though I think those are usually two part systems
that "cure" rather than "dry".

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2024, 01:03:24 PM »
Ya, had a feeling it was not going to be a good idea.

Tks
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline Admiral

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2024, 05:08:38 PM »
Some warmth is probably just fine, dryer forced air and 175F+ is probably too much for that.

That reminds me of people asking about throwing a pizza or cookies through our dryer - nope, food is not a good idea either lol (unless you like eating t shirt fibers).

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2024, 10:23:55 AM »
Some warmth is probably just fine, dryer forced air and 175F+ is probably too much for that.

That reminds me of people asking about throwing a pizza or cookies through our dryer - nope, food is not a good idea either lol (unless you like eating t shirt fibers).

I'd rather eat them than inhale them...and I'm sure we're doing plenty of that.  I've never worried about shirt fibers in my food.