Author Topic: White Ink opacity issues  (Read 2829 times)

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: White Ink opacity issues
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2024, 02:13:37 PM »
old bulbs in the flash? Maybe it's not properly gelling the base..... I'm assuming you tried a different shirt, like a ring spun vs g2000 garbage bag

Worst case, give it the ol' stink eye, yell at it, shake an angry fist at the clouds...always works here
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2024, 02:55:13 PM »
Maybe your expectation is to high >:( I know I've battle many times on some prints that printed great on the same screens with the same inks, and out of nowhere I set the job up again and it prints like crap, and low and behold the more I fool with it the worse it gets.  Then I just have to walk away come back later if not pressing for time it might be the next day and just print the job, I think we all chase our tails trying to be consistent so every job can be repeated at a drop of a dime...Just walk away Brad and come back later you'll get it right like you want it.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Maxie

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2024, 07:22:21 AM »
On cotton we print white base 150, flash, roller and then 180 on top.
For blends we often use a grey barrier base and then 180 white on top.
Make this will solve your problem.
Maxie Garb.
T Max Designs.
Silk Screen Printers
www.tmax.co.il

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2024, 02:48:50 PM »
So we had Sonny(printficient) come in yesterday and he really helped.

We decided there are about 2-3 things that need attention:

1. chemicals.  The dehaze is either missing stuff or leaving a residue on the mesh. We are adding a stronger degrease in for the time being to see if that helps.

2. flash. We lowered the heat and upped the time. We are flashing in 1.5 seconds, no way we are printing that fast, so we are slowing the flash time to our fastest production speed

3. angle.  We went to 2-3 degrees instead of 5. 

Testing was great, but we of course won't know until we get into production and right now we are caught up so our press op has the day off. It all looks promising.  I really don't want to get into mixing a special white, but i'm not opposed to it. That may be the next step.

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2024, 03:56:57 PM »
No double bevel?
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2024, 04:37:48 PM »
No double bevel?

You know he was pushing for it.  I don't mind them, I just think they wear out faster only riding on that single edge.  I prefer triple duros.

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2024, 08:32:43 AM »
Just poking a little fun
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2024, 09:57:47 AM »
Just poking a little fun

oh I know, and I knew it would come up.  He loves those things.  And I've printed with them, and they aren't bad, I just feel they dull quickly.