Computers and Software > Raster and Vector Manipulation Programs, and How to Do Stuff in Them.

Registration Marks in Corel?

(1/4) > >>

chubsetc:
I use Corel Draw X5 for probably 95% of my design work and have for the last 10 years.  I always import my own reg marks on every file.  I typically work with 4 colors or less so for output I just convert each of my colors in the design to either CMY or K make the regmarks 100% CMYK and have my marks on each film.  I know there has to be a better way to do this.  I would rather design with the Pantone Palette, have each color pop up in the seperations window when printing and print.  How do you then get the regmarks on each of the films in that case? 

I know although I use the software just about every day I am no where close to understanding how to use it correctly or to its full potential.  I just usually figure out a way to make something work for me and do it that way, knowing that there is probably a better faster way.  Thanks for any help!

Homer:
if you open up your color fill window -double click on the color box thingy at the lower right of your screen- where it says "model" - scroll to the bottom, you'll see something called registration color. That's the ticket right there.

inkman996:
And to make this even faster set up your reg mark the way you like it fill or outline it as registration color then save it as a symbol, now instead of always importing them just insert the symbol already the right color.

chubsetc:
Thanks Guys!  Like I said there are probably 10 things a day I do "my way" instead of the right way.

Homer:

--- Quote from: chubsetc on January 25, 2012, 02:26:26 PM ---Thanks Guys!  Like I said there are probably 10 things a day I do "my way" instead of the right way.

--- End quote ---

your way IS the right way -it's just different. . .I tell myself that all the time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version