Author Topic: Water line issue  (Read 810 times)

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
Water line issue
« on: January 25, 2012, 01:36:03 PM »
Lately, I have been noticing a small black particles on my screens while I was washing them out. They would just show up out of nowhere.
Could that be the hose I'm using to get the water to my power washer and I use the same hose with the spray gun on the end. Both of them are rubber Craftsman hoses. Could I be getting the rubber particles from inside the hose?

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Water line issue
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 01:47:43 PM »
Lately, I have been noticing a small black particles on my screens while I was washing them out. They would just show up out of nowhere.
Could that be the hose I'm using to get the water to my power washer and I use the same hose with the spray gun on the end. Both of them are rubber Craftsman hoses. Could I be getting the rubber particles from inside the hose?

Very well could be. I had  pressure washer start to crap out and it was embedding shavings in the screen. When you are spraying them down they act just like  a big filter so any crap that is in the water will stick in the screen. So if your hose is breaking down it may be your source.

www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 11:32:10 AM »
Just a quick update.

DO NOT USE RUBBER HOSE FOR CLEANING YOUR SCREENS!!!!

I switched to a "drinking water safe" hose and all of the little pieces and parts that I was getting on my screens while washing out have disappeared.
I still get some every once in a while when using power washer, I need to change that hose too.

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2012, 01:08:52 PM »
I bought a big ol filter for my water line while at HD the other day... hooked it up and pressurized it only to have it leak like someone shot it!  Ughh.