Author Topic: Disappearing Ink.  (Read 2342 times)

Offline Shawn (EIP)

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Disappearing Ink.
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2012, 10:05:02 PM »
Flashing isnt an extra step if the flash is always over a platten and not offset between plattens. I have my flash to my left positioned as such so when Im printing the platten to my left is getting flashed. I have timed my printing just right to allow enough time to flash, usualy this means printing faster to keep up with the flash. If I had to stop or pause for a flash then yes that would be an extra step. I never ever print wet on wet, I never had much luck with it so I came up with my method as stated above and I feel in the long run I get cleaner prints because of it. Ive seen some WOW printing in another shop and I wasnt very "wowed" by print being produced.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 10:10:03 PM by endless ink printing »

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
Re: Disappearing Ink.
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2012, 12:18:10 AM »
Jon,
We talked about this at the bar! Every time you flash you take an extra step. Every extra step equals more time. More time means less money you make on the job. Wet on wet my friend. Its a good thing.... ;D The other problem you cause is you will not be able to simulate that print on the auto. You are not going to flash every color there are you?

Jason,

First rule of ISS Long Beach, We don't talk about ISS Long Beach. No really, We don't talk about it because no one remembers anything. Especially what we talked about at the bar.  :) 

Ok Let me clear up a little here. Flashing on my manual is not an extra step or takes longer. I don't wait on the flash. It takes me longer to print then the flash takes when the boards are hot. I can print a white print flash print at about 120 shirts an hour real easy this way. (I do it the same way endless talkes about above.)  I don't print any differantly if I am printing white shirts with the flash off. On lighter shirts and on the auto I do print wet on wet whenever I can.   

And dont say it........Throw those 10 nm screens away. You will be able to print WOW if you do....... :o

Jason I think you have me confused with someone else here. I don't have a screen in my shop under 15n. If they are under 15n the mesh gets taken out. Most of my screens are in the 18n to 24n range. For statics that is not bad. I have plans to have all my auto frames EZs by the end of the year. then I will have a standard of maybe even 30n per screen as the lowest. (we will see how testing goes)

Thank you,

Jon

« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 12:34:44 AM by Screened Gear »