Author Topic: Anybody going to MAGIC in Vegas? Would love to have somebody to hang out with!  (Read 2585 times)

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
I'll be there on the 11th to catch up with a couple of good friends that moved there. Show starts on the 13th and I'll be leaving on Wed 15th. 'would love to have somebody to hang out with or walk the show. Going to the shows for the first time, it is easy to miss the important stuff and just spend the time in the wrong sections. Two heads are always better than one (especially if the other head is experienced!).

For anybody curious, I am thinking about a preprint line and am hoping to get some insight into what's selling and the general design direction.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
Tried to call but you won't answer me. Its like you got work er something.  So, I am thinking about going now, due to some other potential needs. I'm wanting to see if I can snag some floor space in your room with you. Maybe some free meals and drinks would be nice to.  :)   ;)
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Tried to call but you won't answer me. Its like you got work er something.  So, I am thinking about going now, due to some other potential needs. I'm wanting to see if I can snag some floor space in your room with you. Maybe some free meals and drinks would be nice to.  :)   ;)

I have room in the room mon and tue night. A friend of mine is staying with me sat and sun night, but we could always get a cot (or another room since they are only $30 per night).

pirere
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Where are you staying?
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
stratosfere. as close as I could get to the actual show without being in BFE.

Why?

pierre

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
I hear the trip is 30 mins less with the new bridge over the Hover dam. I would love to check it out but don't think I can get away again this soon. (its feb 13th). I did drive to Vegas once for 30 mins when I found my Exposure unit there for $500. (new they are $4250, it was 4 years old and just needed $115 of repairs) Yes, border back to border in 30 mins. I Had a job that I had to get back for and didn't trust the guy would keep it for me until the weekend.

$30 rooms that is a steal or the janitor closet.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 04:10:53 PM by Screened Gear »

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member

Why?

pierre

Because thats a great deal. I might try and go too for that deal. Its about a 4 drive from where we are at.

www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member

Why?

pierre

Because thats a great deal. I might try and go too for that deal. Its about a 4 drive from where we are at.

hotels were really cheap. MGM and similar were about $75-$80, lottsa stuff in the 50's and several in the 30 range. Circus, Circus was $27 I think.

CHEAP!!!!

Anyways, I have an extra bed in my room that will be empty mon and tue night. I guess, first person to claim it can have it!

pierre

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
'leaving tomorrow.

anybody else going? come on, there has to be somebody here interested in going. Even the TSF has ppl going!
Are we really worse than them?

pierre