Author Topic: Rooster...of sorts.  (Read 8631 times)

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Rooster...of sorts.
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2012, 03:42:07 PM »
Its a common image, had a custy come in very recently looking for art for a hot wing night special and he had this art from zazzle for reference, we did not go with it obviously.
"No man is an island"

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2012, 04:03:24 PM »
Holly shiz it looks just like it.....errr...wtf

LOL.......Busted :o
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2012, 04:27:32 PM »
I get people that email me art links all the time.  We use it as inspiration.  Could it blur the line between plagiarism and simple inspiration, sure.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2012, 04:53:50 PM »
Holly shiz it looks just like it.....errr...wtf
I think that your treatment of the skull, and Dan's suggestion of changing the bones. Maybe even the conventional "behind the skull" placement would set you far apart from the Cafe Press version.

Look at the variety of human skull designs out there. There's only so much one can do differently, and you have done that.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2012, 05:03:26 PM »
I don't see much of a likeness between the skulls, just the bones.  I like Jason's skull a lot better...the spikes help.  I think the shape of your jaw bone is better.  The beak looks less real and more menacing than the cafe press version.

Offline jason-23

• FONTNINJA
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2012, 05:26:22 PM »
my problem is that I have photographic memory and that image just stuck out of my head all day. Anyways I didnt like the angle  of it so I changed it.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 06:48:03 PM by jason-23 »

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2012, 05:55:01 PM »
my problem is that I have photographic memory and that inmage just stuck out of my head all day. Anyways I did like the angle  of it so I changed it.

You can draw better than me, very nice. I have one suggestion. Its for a wing eating contest right. Why not use chicken wing bones for the Mohawk? Could give it a little style and fit the event more??? Just my 2 cents.

Offline Fluid

• !!!
  • Keep the Ink Moving... Stay Corelian My Friends!
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2012, 07:18:26 PM »
I think that your treatment of the skull, and Dan's suggestion of changing the bones. Maybe even the conventional "behind the skull" placement would set you far apart from the Cafe Press version.

Look at the variety of human skull designs out there. There's only so much one can do differently, and you have done that.

agree. 
Richard
--Fluid       www.fluiddsn.com Graphic Designs, Color Separations & Film Output 15+ years Industry Experience - CorelDRAW MasterĀ® 

Offline jason-23

• FONTNINJA
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2012, 10:32:39 PM »
Finally had some time to finish this one off. Dont laugh this IS what the customer requested minus the flames. One-two colors, rooster skull, spikes/mohawk, cross bones....oh and they wanted to use the misfits font too...
Sketched with pencil, inked and colored in AI,font flames and color seps in corel x4

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2012, 07:51:05 AM »
Looking good!!!

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2012, 11:13:48 AM »
Very nice, but if its not to late I would have put wing bones for the cross bones since its about hotwings even though if might have gotten shot down no pun intend LOL.

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Command-Z

• !!!
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2012, 11:55:40 AM »
I like it! I agree chicken wings instead of crossbones would have been cool, but the simple jolly roger look is effective.

I'd like to take this moment to hijack this thread and complain about what I think is a conspiracy in the sale of chicken wings. Have you ever noticed that when you purchase a dozen "wings" you are actually only getting 6? The humerus (the little drumstick) is separated from the radius/ulna (the yummy part with the two bones in) and called 2 wings! That's ONE wing separated into two pieces! Bastards.  :'(
Design, Illustration and Color Separation for the Imprinted Apparel Industry for over 20 years. SeibelStudio.com
 Custom art not in the budget? Check out Bad Bonz Designs

Offline ScreenFoo

• Gonzo Member
  • Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2012, 02:01:02 PM »
I dig it.  Was the background some stock stuff you had laying around, a plugin/macro, or a little brush action?

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2012, 02:26:43 PM »
Even cooler instead of red flames how about red hot sauce poured on and dripping off?
"No man is an island"

Offline broadway

• !!!
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2012, 02:36:44 PM »
It does not look anything like Tony Hawks but it sure does look like this guys art from Cafe Press.

http://www.cafepress.com/+rooster_skull_and_crossbones_womens_dark_tshirt,411650055

Just because some person puts a design on Cafe Press does not mean they own it or designed it. I have had 2 instances where people where selling my TM designs on Cafe Press. I just stumbled on it by accident. I had to send all my TM registration forms to have them remove it. With the skull maybe if you are doing a second color with red maybe add some bloodshot eyes. I like just the 1 color white on black.