Author Topic: Low tension screens  (Read 4883 times)

Offline T Shirt1

• !!!
Re: Low tension screens
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2012, 10:24:18 AM »
Our old Gauntlet - where we run our 6 & 7 color jobs- doesn't like to hold roller frames as well as statics.  When we order our static frames (or remesh) we ask that they be stretched to 25 and allowed to sit for 48 hours before shipping.  If we have them stretched to 25 or more they won't take the freight handling and about 3 out of 10 come in split. 
steve

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2012, 10:48:11 AM »
I measured them in the middle only, both directions. For some reason, long side had better tension.
Long side was at 14 and short side was at 12. I put the tension meter at the corner so I could get the numbers of the screen in the pic. So they could see it is their screens.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2012, 10:55:20 AM »
Yes, I'd send them back too. Though I printed a lot of t-shirts with stapled mesh that wouldn't even register on a tension meter, that's not what you thought you were buying.
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2012, 12:39:28 PM »
I just talked to them. They are guaranteeing the screen sto be at least 20n. They will have their manufacturer send me the replacements right away.
They will still let me know if I keep these ones or they will send me a return UPS label.

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2012, 11:47:09 AM »
After waiting for them to get back to me or to see the new screen, I decided to call them today.
"Oh, that is normall, it depends how long they were sitting at the manufacturers warehouse. The ones that are 20 will drop down to 12 over time...... Blah, Blah, Blah......Blah!!!!"
After I almost started yelling at them and told them that I will not be dealing with a supplier that sells new screens at 12 N, he changed his story and they are sending me new screens with the return labe (i asked for these screen to be checked before they mail them). BTW, I asket them what am I suposed to do with a screen that is 12 N that will become 5-6 N ove time. No answer on that one. Wonder why  ???

Offline killergraphics

« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2012, 12:23:03 PM »
Who did you get them from?

If you don't want to say here PM me please.

Johnny

Offline Gabe

• If it`s not alive, I can print it.
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2012, 12:51:17 PM »
i feel your pain DK
ABOUT printficient he claims to stretch 3 or 4 times
before shipping. are they better than 12 o 13 newtons
i would like to know

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2012, 12:54:13 PM »
I would like to know as well. I'm looking into converting my frames to shurloc ez frames

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2012, 01:01:16 PM »
i feel your pain DK
i would like to know

If someone think it is Sonny, It is not him!!!
It is someone else that I would not disclose publicly. They are not on the forum.
I understand that they do not make them, but they should stand behind product they sell and they should held their supplier (screen manufacturer).

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2012, 01:36:53 PM »
Way to stand strong with the guy.  I played hardball with one of our screen suppliers way back when we were still using statics and they wouldn't guarantee any tension levels and I was trying to get them to provide me with screens that were at least 20 newtons and they wouldn't do it.  They lost out on a small timer but I also stopped buying everything else from them too.  I had brand new screens that had never been touched by a squeegee that were 12 newtons.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline Printficient

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2012, 02:10:09 PM »
i feel your pain DK
i would like to know

If someone think it is Sonny, It is not him!!!
It is someone else that I would not disclose publicly. They are not on the forum.
I understand that they do not make them, but they should stand behind product they sell and they should held their supplier (screen manufacturer).
Thanks
Dennis.  We do pretension all mesh.  Always have.  The owner that does the screens invented the Newman Roller Master.  This guy knows more about mesh and screens than anybody I know.  Out of curiosity, what did you pay?
Shop-Doc "I make house calls"
Procedure Video Training
Press Inspections
Tips and Tricks Training
404-895-1796 Sonny McDonald