Author Topic: Pricing and order tracking (hang tight Andy, I'm going somewhere with this)  (Read 2355 times)

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Not a question on pricing but on software.

What are you guys using for quoting and order tracking?

Are you guys happy with it?

Does it pull current pricing via web (does that reflect current sale prices?)

I need to get a better grip on this aspect of my business before it gets out of hand (too late) and I'm looking to see what other people are happy with.  I might have my brother develop a custom solution for me... but then again, it might be too much trouble (still working kinks out of computer business's software for customer tracking and work orders).

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
using TeeCal here (there should be a banner up on top). It will not put your pricing on the internet, but 'will manage your shop. Very highly recommended! It will whip your shop into shape with correct procedures and ability to keep track of what's going on. Support is incredible. I've called at 9pm on saturday and got help (that's after I screwed things up).

'good guys, good software, good service! From what I have seen, it is the most bang for the buck. If I had to do it all over, I would pick their product again.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Let me clarify... I meant PULL pricing from the internet.

Like get updated pricing from Sanmar on the regular so the costs of goods fluctuate with the actual cost of the goods to you!

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Sorry Andy... didn't see the shop management section.  I just was thinking it was beyond basic pricing issues.

Offline Tagless Threads

• Verified/Junior
We use freshbooks but were ready to go with another management system that appeals more to Screen Printers.
Screen Printing - Tagless Threads
twitter - facebook - flickr

Offline Socalfmf

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way!
we use ups worldship...it keeps everything on the "system" and we can quote in a matter of seconds...plus it has its own printer so labels are quick and fast..

sam