Author Topic: Need conversion help with a PDF.  (Read 3307 times)

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: Need conversion help with a PDF.
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2012, 03:15:55 PM »
I guess my question would, why do these files open ok in a newer version of corel and not an older version?

Apparently, later versions have different filters to address some of these issues. There are pdf's, and there are pdf's. They are not all created equal.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline stitches4815

• !!!
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2012, 03:37:20 PM »
I guess my question would, why do these files open ok in a newer version of corel and not an older version?

Apparently, later versions have different filters to address some of these issues. There are pdf's, and there are pdf's. They are not all created equal.
I understand that now.  That is why I broke down and got X5.  In two years I will probably have to buy X8 because the X5 is so outdated.

Offline Ripcord

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2012, 11:24:12 PM »
I created a PDF for a customer to open in AI Macintosh... I did the illustration in Corel and saved it as a Mac AI file. We had to go back and forth three times to fix some minor problems, but in the end she got exactly what she needed. Problems can be solved with cooperation and a little patience, but many people are too quick to say "Nothing's wrong with it. Your problem, figure it out..."
Raster to vector conversion

Offline royster13

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2012, 08:57:12 AM »

And I am sure every new version of Illustrator tweaks their code to defeat anything Corel does in their last upgrade.....I can not imagine the Adobe wants to allow Corel to open their native files....