Author Topic: CCI d white  (Read 2322 times)

Offline Croft

CCI d white
« on: February 13, 2012, 02:22:16 PM »
HI, after reading and seeing pics of this white I got a sample and I was very impressed . I'm new to the waterbased and thought I would start with baby steps. Figuring white would be good.
  With the sample I got good results, So today I had a small order 10 red/10 royal blue gildan heavy cotton large white team logo on front.  I printed the red first figuring I would stop if we had any problems, well they turned out great really white and crisp , so we figured the royal will be no problem but they didn't turn out as well they aren't as bright a white and there seems to be pink hue in the design. I'm not sure if the pinkish sahde is from undercuring or is it a scorch??
 For the guys doing mostly  water base how do you deal with fluctuations in shirt quality? without going mad.
Any help would be appreciated.

Offline Orion

• !!!
  • Ain't no shortcuts in screen printing.
Re: CCI d white
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 02:26:30 PM »
Dale Hoyal

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 02:31:11 PM »
Orion beat me to it, some colors just dont discharge as well. Gildan as far as I know is the only one with this type of chart and I am sure glad they have it!

Offline Croft

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 02:46:18 PM »
well thats about right, I tried a few colour / brands of shirts the other day with great results but no blue. figures.

Offline Croft

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2012, 02:49:49 PM »
so if you were a waterbase printer what would you have done, ?.   I read some places are 90% water/ 10 plastisol. how could that be/

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2012, 03:43:57 PM »
my guess is the pink huh you are seeing is your emulsion -are you using a red/pink emulsion?
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2012, 03:48:32 PM »
Good point Homer, are you using water resistant emulsion? I recently switched to CCI WR25 and it is awesome!

Offline jasonl

• !!!
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2012, 06:18:16 PM »
Good point Homer, are you using water resistant emulsion? I recently switched to CCI WR25 and it is awesome!

what kind of light source are you using, and how many light units?  I tested it last week with mixed results.
"We Make Blank Shirts Look Awesome!"

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2012, 08:33:07 PM »
I wish I could speak on light units lol. I run a 240 watt UV blacklight vacuum unit. I expose a 156 mesh for 6 minutes and then post expose in the sun if possible. I will say though my biggest run so far has been only 150 pieces on the manual. When I get my auto running it may show some of the mixed results you are seeing but hopefully not.